Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This post has been sponsored by BUSH’S® Chili Beans. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
Hopefully y’all know by now HOW MUCH I love a good pot of vegetarian chili. ? We have a Fully Loaded Vegan Chili recipe on the blog as well as a slow cooker vegetarian chili recipe and it was past time that an INSTANT POT recipe got added as well!
For this recipe, I’m trying out something super fun and new by using the BUSH’S® Chili Beans. I LOVE love love how much extra flavor these beans add and I’m pretty sure that I’m going to be using these Chili Beans in all of my chili recipes moving forward. The beans are gluten AND dairy free + fully vegetarian and offer 6g of plant-based protein.
With all of the craziness going on the world lately, I’ve been using the Safeway app to make shopping so much easier AND to keep track off the deals that they are offering in that particular week. I love that they offer deals based on what I buy regularly (such as these BUSH’s beans!).
OKAY, on to the Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili recipe!
One of the reasons that I love using my Instant Pot SO MUCH is that more often than not, the recipe comes together ALL in the pot. And this is one of those recipes. The chili is all made inside of the instant pot with minimal prep work.
Here are the simple ingredients in the vegetarian chili:
- BUSH’S Chili Beans
- Bell pepper + onion + garlic
- Diced tomatoes + sauce
- Veggie broth
- Cocoa powder (trust me on this!)
- Corn (optional but highly recommended)
Making the chili is as simple as sauteeing the onion, pepper and garlic using the saute feature on the instant pot. After about 8 minutes, the remaining ingredients get mixed into the pot and everything is cooked for 8 minutes on high pressure.
And that’s it! SO super easy and absolutely delicious.
This recipe makes for some of the BEST leftovers and I highly recommend it as a meal prep dish! It also freezes well so since it makes quite a bit, I highly recommend throwing a few portions in the freezer for later.
That’s all I have for you today! Thanks again to BUSH’S Chili Beans for sponsoring this post.
Al always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I love to see what y’all are cooking up from the blog.Print
This Instanpot Vegan Chili is SO easy to throw together and ridiculously delicious!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed (or finely minced)
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 2 16 ounce cans of BUSH’S Chili Beans in Mild Chili Sauce (I used the Pinto Beans version)*
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of corn (optional)- I usually use frozen
- Turn your pressure cooker saute feature on and add in the oil. Once the oil is warmed, add in the onion and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently and being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients (minus the corn) and put on the lid.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set to cook on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once done, quick release the pressure and stir in the corn. If the corn was frozen, place the lid back on the instantpot and let sit for a couple minutes to warm the corn.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and ENJOY!!
*Can be substituted for 2 cans of your favorite beans if you can’t find the BUSH’S beans but I HIGHLY suggest trying it the the Chili Beans as it adds a ton of delicious flavor!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: instantpot
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan chili, vegetarian chili, instant pot chili, pressure cooker chili