Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
Learn how to make PERFECT Instant Pot Baked Potatoes! It’s so easy and a great side dish for any meal.
Are you obsessively using your Instant Pot for everything that you can think of like I am?? We’ve had ours for around 4 years now but it has only been the past year that I have started really experimenting with it. I’ve cooked so many new things in it and have a lot of great Instant Pot staple recipes coming your way soon. Get excited!! :D
Today, we’re diving into these fluffy and delicious Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. They’re ridiculously easy to make (as baked potatoes typically go) and you’re going to love them.
Truth be told: making potatoes in your instant pot doesn’t save you a ton of time (although it is a bit faster). But for me, it’s always a win when I can avoid turning my oven on. Especially in the summer!
What kind of potatoes are best for Baked Potatoes?
When making potatoes like this, I always opt for Russet potatoes. You can make all different kinds of potatoes in your Instant Pot but this recipe specifically focuses on how to make baked potato style potatoes.
How to make Perfect Instant Pot Baked Potatoes:
Place the trivet that came with your pressure cooker inside of the pot and pour in 1 cup of water. Next, place the potatoes in, stacking if needed.
Cook the potatoes on manual high mode for 15 minutes and then let the instant pot pressure release naturally until the metal pin has gone down. The cook time could vary a decent bit depending on the size of the potatoes. I found that 15 minutes was perfect for average sized, medium potatoes. Smaller potatoes may need just 13 minutes while larger ones could take about 17 minutes.
And that’s IT! Super easy, right?
This is totally optional but I like to place mine on a baking tray, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with sea salt, and then broil for just a few minutes to crisp up the skins a little bit. It’s definitely not necessary but a step that I just personally like to take.
Here are some more basic instant pot recipes that you might like:
See how to make the Instant Pot Baked Potatoes here:
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 cup of water
- optional: cooking spray and sea salt for sprinkling
- Using a fork, poke each potatoes about 6 times.
- Place the trivet into your instant pot (the one that came with it) and pour in the 1 cup of water. Place the potatoes on top of the trivet. It’s okay to stack them if needed. Put the top on and seal the instant pot.
- Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 15 minutes (if your potatoes are sightly smaller, go for 13 minutes and if your potatoes are extra large, go for 17 minutes).** When the instant pot is done cooking, let the pressure naturally release which will take about 8-10 minutes. You’ll know it’s done when the metal pin has dropped.
- Optional step: put the cooked potatoes on a baking sheet, spray with cooking spray, and sprinkle with sea salt. Broil the potatoes for about 3-4 minutes (make sure to watch carefully!) to lightly crispy up the skins.
**Cook time can vary depending on the size of your potatoes. If they end up underdone, you can cook the potatoes for an additional few minutes.
Keywords: instant pot, pressure cooker, potato, vegan