Quick & Easy Soy-Peanut Noodles
Something you might not know about me: I’m 1/2 Italian. This means that, naturally, I love any meal that includes lots of pasta and bread. The words “low” and “carb” do not exist, in that order, in my vocabulary. It’s just not written into my DNA to be able to sustain on a pasta and bread free diet. I have accepted this truth.
Another fun fact about me: I leave TODAY for Portland, Oregon and I am VERY very excited about this trip (technically I’m going to Eugene and THEN Portland). I’m headed there with my team for a giant roller derby tournament BUT I will have 3 days afterwards with nothing to do but eat and explore the city. Please, please leave me your restaurant recommendations!
So, today we’re going to keep it short and simple. Here’s some delicious noodles for you:
They’re DAMN delicious and ridiculously easy to throw together. Easy is basically all I’ve done the past couples weeks. I’m not complaining.
Here’s how this goes:
While the noodles are a cookin’, you whisk pretty much everything else together in a large bowl.
Once the noodles are done, toss em in the peanut-y soy sauce deliciousness.
Until they’re fully coated.
Now, assuming you aren’t just eating it straight out of the bowl at this point, plate it up…
And top with all the extra yummy things. Unfortunately not pictured but highly recommended: fresh lime wedges. I did have them but just forgot to include them in the pictures. womp womp. They’re right outside of the frame though so just pretend :)
Voila! Quick and EASY Soy-Peanut Noodles.
See How to Make the Peanut Noodles:Print
- 1/2 pound of thin pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey (can be substituted for agave for a vegan dish)
- 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce. I use closer to 3
- 2 large garlic coves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup of green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- handful of peanuts
- sprinkle of sesame seeds
- fresh lime wedges
- Put pasta on to cook and cook according to instructions.
- While pasta cooks, whisk together the oils, peanut butter, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Once it is done, drain it and pour the hot pasta into the bowl with the peanut butter and soy mixture. Toss to coat the pasta thoroughly.
- Top the pasta with green onion, cilantro, peanuts, sesame seeds, and fresh lime.