Red Wine Hot Chocolate
I hope you’re enjoying Cocktail Week so far because I’m a little obsessed with it and already have SO many ideas for the next cocktail week :D I’m thinking that a summer edition definitely needs to happen….and then again next holiday season. Yea, I’m thinking ahead just a bit.
Cocktail week DAY FOUR brings us Red Wine Hot Chocolate. Now I know that these flavors might seem like a weird combo at first but you just need to trust me on this one.
I’ve had a drink similar to this several times and always loved it. I wanted to make this one a *little* healthier and dairy free SO we’re using coconut milk instead of cream or half and half. I used full fat coconut milk BUT this would also work with coconut cream or even lite coconut milk.
Like all of the cocktail recipes that I’ve posted this week, this Red Wine Hot Chocolate is SO easy. Everything gets mixed into a saucepan and heated over medium heat until it reaches your desired temperature. I like mine HOT.
And that’s it. Dump, heat, ENJOY! My kind of cocktail. (But can we really call this a cocktail? I’m conflicted).Print
- 2 cups of coconut milk (I used full fat but coconut cream OR lite coconut milk will also work)
- 2/3 cup of red wine
- ½ cup of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon and nutmeg to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until chocolate melts and the liquid is steaming just a bit.
- Take the hot chocolate off of the heat, serve, ENJOY