Tuna Arugula Pasta
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’ve been trying to post this recipe for the past 2 weeks. I kept trying to write the recipe for this post at times when the recipe was not with me. Two times this happened. However, today, I am prepared!
This yummy pasta recipe is courtesy of Jamie Magazine which is the delicious culinary magazine of Jamie Oliver. I’ve gushed over him on the blog before so I’ll save you from that. And now that I think about it, the last recipe I did from him was also a tuna recipe. Hmmm.
Anyways, you can only really get this magazine in England (without paying a ridiculous international fee) which is very sad because it’s great! Luckily for me, I have a very very lovely mother-in-law who visits England on a rather regular basis and always brings me back the latest edition of the magazine. April’s magazine had an Italian theme which I was especially excited about seeing as I’m 1/2 Italian.
SO, this is a recipe from the Italian edition of the Jamie magazine and it’s yummmmmyyyyy. There were a lot of great recipes in that magazine and it’s highly likely that I’ll recreate more than just this one for you.
The technical name of this is dish is Spaghetti Con Tonno e Rucola which is Italian for Spaghetti with Tuna & Rocket (aka arugula here in the States). I just like to call it delish.
The pasta comes together quickly and is a pseudo one pot dish.
Garlic and tomatoes are sauteed in a hefty helping of olive oil.
Then cooked pasta is added in and tossed well to coat in all of the garlicky goodness.
Finally, the arugula and remaining tomatoes are added in.
The pan is put back over low heat for a few minutes. Lemon juice is stirred in and then it’s all topped with a bit of parsley and Parmesan.
One thing I learned about this pasta is that it doesn’t really re-heat very well. I recommend only making as much as you are going to eat in one sitting.Print
- 1/2 pound (about half of an average box) of spaghetti
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 ounces (3–4 large handfuls) of fresh arugula
- 3 cans (~15-18 ounces) of tuna in oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Parmesan, to serve
- Parsley, to serve
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted water according to directions.
- While the pasta cooks, saute the garlic and ~1/3 of the cherry tomatoes in all of the oil in a large pan over medium heat until the garlic is lightly golden. Take off of heat.
- Once the pasta is done, drain it well and add it into the pan with the garlic mixture. Add in the arugula, tuna, and remaining tomatoes. Stir well.
- Put the pan on low heat for a few minutes while you continue to stir making sure that all of the pasta is coated well in the olive oil.
- Take off of heat. Add in the lemon juice and some parmesan and stir well.
- Serve with fresh parsley and extra parmesan. ENJOY!