Vegan Apple Crisp
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I hope you’re ready for THE BEST Vegan Apple Crisp that you will ever have! This recipe comes together in just about 10 minutes and has all of your favorite fall flavors in one. It’s the perfect combination of juicy and crispy and so deliciously sweet!
I teased this recipe on Instagram a few weeks ago and I’m excited to finally be sharing it!
We went apple picking last month and brought home a GIANT bucket of apples all for about $14. I couldn’t even believe how many apples we got for that price and my head started spinning with ALL of the different apple recipes. I also asked on my insta stories and the NUMBER ONE recipe that y’all wanted to see: Vegan Apple Crisp.
I’m SO happy to be here today fulfilling that apple crisp wish :D
I tested this one quite a few times to really get it perfect and DAMN is it PERFECT! Lets go over what’s in this recipe and how to make it.
One of my favorite parts about this recipe (especially compared to making an apple pie) is HOW ridiculously easy it is. All of the apple filling gets stirred together in one bowl while the crumble topping gets mixed together in another bowl. From there, it’s a simple matter of dumping the apple mixture into a baking dish and then topping it with the crumble oat topping.
SO super simple and easy!
Here are the simple ingredients in this Vegan Apple Crisp:
- Apples ? ? – you can use pretty much whatever kind of apples you like here. Most often it is made with tart apples such as granny smith BUT I really like it with gala type apples. You could even use a mixture of several different kinds of apples if desired.
- Maple syrup– this gets mixed with the apples to add a decent bit of sweetness to the filling.
- Cinnamon + nutmeg– If you have it on hand, I HIGHLY recommend freshly grating the nutmeg. I started doing this for recipes a few years back and it seriously makes SUCH a big difference in the overall taste. But, pre-grated nutmeg will also work just fine!
- Rolled oats– this gives it that classic apple crisp flavor!
- Flour– I used oat flour for my topping but you can definitely use all-purpose flour if that is all you have on hand!
- Pecans– these are technically optional but I personally LOVE love love pecans in my crisp!
- Brown sugar– I tried the topping with maple syrup but it just doesn’t work. If you’re wanting a more natural recipe, you could swap the brown sugar with coconut sugar.
That’s it for today’s post! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, PLEASE snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog.
See how to make the Vegan Apple Crisp here:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”YanKxxJ9″ upload-date=”2020-10-19T21:46:52.000Z” name=”Vegan Apple Crisp” description=”Vegan Apple Crisp” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
This Apple Crisp recipe is FULLY Vegan and so easy to make! It’s fall flavors at it’s FINEST and I can’t wait for you to make this.
For the apple filling:
- 2 ½ pounds of apples, peeled cored and chopped*
- ⅓ cup of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg (freshly grated if possible!)
For the crumble topping:
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ¾ cup of oat flour (can sub for all-purpose flour if desired)
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup of vegan butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peeled and chopped apples along with the maple syrup, lemon juice, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the apple mixture and all of it’s juices into your prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix together the crumble topping: rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, butter, salt, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples in the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes so that the apple are nice and tender and the crumble topping is lightly browned. Let cool slightly.
- Serve (preferably with vanilla ice cream!) and ENJOY!
*Weight of apples is BEFORE peeling. Really any apples work here! I like sweet apples such as gala but granny smith or other tart apples work as well! you can even use a mix of several different kinds of apples.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dessert, vegan apple crisp, apple crumble