Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Welcoming the beginning of pumpkin season with this Vegan Pumpkin Muffins. They’re SO fluffy and I can’t wait for you to try them!
Last week I asked on Facebook when the appropriate time to start posting pumpkin recipes is. The overwhelming response was that the right time was NOW. So, I immediately got busy working on some of the pumpkin recipes that I never got around to making and posting last year (which is largely due to the fact that I just had a baby).
These Vegan Pumpkin Muffins are modified from THIS original muffin recipe of mine which is one of the most popular recipes on my blog (and rightfully so!). I’ve been eager to make these muffins in pumpkin form and I LOVE how they turned out.
My original recipe has mashed banana in it but I substituted pureed pumpkin in its place.
I love that this recipe makes just 6 muffins. I rarely want a WHOLE dozen muffins so just 6 is the perfect amount to eat for breakfast with a couple left over as a snack later in the day!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
These are your typical muffins: dry ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then the wet ingredients are added in. Everything gets mixed together and then poured into the muffin tray. EASY as muffins go.
I haven’t actually tried it but I think these would be amazing with chocolate chips in them. OR a little nutella! YES! (ps- working on a homemade nutella recipe that I’m stoked about!).
GAH I love how fluffy these muffins are! 😍😍
I’m a true summer girl at heart but I have to admit that I’m pretty excited about all things fall this year :)
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cup muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stir in the brown sugar, milk, nut butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. ENJOY!