Winter Pomegranate Salad w/ Orange Vinaigrette
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m gonna keep it short and sweet today since it’s 2 days before christmas and I need to go wrap a bunch of presents and a giant storm is brewing outside that’s making me anxious.
I fell asleep last night thinking about what I would do with the chickens if a tornado came close enough to my house. I then had a dream that the chickens were running around in the house and pooping on the Christmas tree. But in all seriousness, the weather man keeps saying the word “tornado” and I don’t like it. I will, in fact, bring the chickens inside if I have to. oh gosh, now I’m thinking about the horses and llamas that live across the street! Can she take those inside? Lets just hope it doesn’t come to that.
So yea, here’s a lovely little Winter Pomegranate Salad for you. It’s quick and easy and very yummy. The dressing makes enough to save some for later which I’m a fan of. AND it has orange juice in it and that’s a huge win in my book!
I hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing, and joyful break from all of the busyness of life and spend lots of time with family and friends that’s free of cell phones and email and work. Also, I hope you watch Harry Potter (at least the first 3) because christmas= Harry Potter to me :) Harry Potter and LOTS of food.Print
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- optional: 1 teaspoon of orange zest
- 4 cups of spinach
- 4 cups of arugula
- 1/2 of a pomegranate
- 1/3 cup of pecans or walnuts
- 3 tablespoons of goat cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a sealable container. Cover tightly with the lid and shake vigorously until all of the ingredients are well combined.
For the Salad:
- Divide the lettuces evenly onto 2 plates. Top with the pomegranate, nuts, and goat cheese.
- Pour the dressing evenly over each salad (about 2 tablespoons each salad).