Air Fryer Tater Tots
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’ll LOVE how crispy your frozen Tater Tots turn out after cooking them in the air fryer! It’s such an easy way to make them and I love not having to fire up my oven.
Okay, I’m not going to lie: it feels REALLY strange to be sharing a “recipe” for how to cook frozen tater tots in the air fryer but I learned from a little research that this is actually something that a lot of people are looking for.
AND, I figure that many people simply haven’t thought about the fact that the air fryer is PERFECT for cooking frozen food like tater tots.
Don’t worry: I have a whole post coming soon about how to cook ALL kinds of frozen french fries in the air fryer too :D
You only need TWO ingredients to throw these tater tots together:
- Bag of frozen tater tots and
- cooking oil
SO SIMPLE! While not necessary at all, you could also choose to season your tater tots a little but by adding various seasoning, herbs etc.
How to make Tater Tots in the Air Fryer:
Pay close attention because this is a very difficult!
JK it’s the easiest thing in the world! 🤣
- Start out by pre-heating your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Add in the frozen tater tots to the basket of the air fryer and set to cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Toss the tater tots in the air fryer basket and then cook for 5-10 additional minutes or until they’re nice and crispy.
I love that they cook a little bit faster than in the oven. They don’t stick to the basket at all AND it’s just so nice to not have to turn my oven on!
Moral of the story here: there’s really no limit to what I will cook in my air fryer these days.
ALright, that’s it for today! As usual, PLEASE let me know if you end up making this recipe! You can tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling or come back here to leave a comment on the post. I always love to see what y’all are making.
More Simple Air Fryer recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Artichokes
- Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas
You’re going to LOVE how simple it is to make Frozen Tater Tots in the Air Fryer! Easily customizable and SO delicious.
- Frozen tater tots (I find that half of a standard sized bag fits perfectly into my air fryer- roughly 16 oz total)
- Cooking spray
- Salt as desired
- Seasonings as desired: garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, etc
- Pre-heat your air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the tater tots in the basket of the air fryer and spray to coat with cooking spray. Toss gently and spray on the other side.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway, until the tater tots are golden and crispy.
*I also tested this at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and it worked well but I find that they get crispier cooked at a lower temperature for a little longer.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size: 4 ounces of tater tots
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 573.8 mg
- Fat: 11.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.5 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: air fryer tater tots, frozen air fryer tater tots, how to cook air fryer tater tots