Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Air Fryer Chickpeas turn out SO CRISPY and are ridiculously simple to make! They’re great on salads or even enjoyed as a simple snack.
If you don’t have an air fryer or want more flavor options for these chickpeas, be sure to check out my post on how to make Oven Roasted Chickpeas with 4 different flavor options to choose from!
Have you jumped on the air fryer band wagon yet? I’m relatively new myself and have been experimenting with ALL kinds of different things that can be cooked in an air fryer.
I think that so many people think of healthier fried chicken and other fried foods when cooking in an air fryer. However, I’ve learned that there’s almost no limit when it comes to what can be cooked in an air fryer. So far we’ve tried cauliflower wings, asparagus, these chickpeas and even tofu.
I have a lot of fun air fryer recipes planned for the coming months (and maybe even a new one for next week!).
But first up: these SUPER CRISPY Air Fryer Chickpeas that I’m very obsessed with.
We’re going with a simple and versatile flavoring for this particular recipe. However, I have 4 more flavor options in THIS roasted chickpeas post if you’re looking for more ways to make them. Since those recipes were written for just ONE can of chickpeas, you’ll need to double all of the ingredients. Alternatively, you can leave them the same and only use one can of chickpeas for this air fryer recipe.
Either will work great.
But if you’re new to crispy chickpeas, I suggest starting with this simple recipe as it’s written below.
Ingredients we’re working with:
- Chickpeas– drained and rinsed + thoroughly dried with a lint free kitchen towel (or paper towels). Getting all of the excess moisture off is key to getting optimally crispy chickpeas!
- Olive oil– you just need a little bit for this recipe! Other oils work as well so use what you have on hand.
- Salt– I like to use fine sea salt but again, whatever you have on hand will work well.
- Garlic powder– because you know that I need garlic on pretty much everything :)
- Rosemary– gives the chickpeas a bit of a fresh flavor and I love it for that.
How to make Air Fryer Chickpeas:
This recipe (as with most air fryer recipes) is SUPER SIMPLE to make! Once the chickpeas have been dried off, simply toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl until the chickpeas are fully combined.
Add them to the base of your air fryer that has been pre-heated to 400 degrees F. Air fry for 15 minutes, toss halfway through.
AND that’s it! Super simple, right?
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this roasted chickpeas air fryer recipe and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
More chickpea recipes you might like:
- Ranch Chickpea Salad
- Thai Peanut Chickpea Wraps
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Chickpea Vegan Pot Pie
- Oven Roasted Chickpeas 4 Ways
- Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Sweet Potato & Chickpea Curry
These Air Fryer Chickpeas are so simple to make and end up deliciously crispy! Great for serving on salads or even eaten plain as a snack!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary (or other dried herb)
- Heat your air fryer to 400F degrees.
- After rinsing, thoroughly pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels or a lint free kitchen towel. Add them to a large bowl.
- Mix in the olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and rosemary and stir together until the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Place the chickpeas in the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring halfway, or until the chickpeas are crispy and brown.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY! To store leftovers, let cool completely and then place them in an airtight container. Store at room temperature.
If desired, sprinkle more garlic powder and salt over the finished chickpeas.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 384.3 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: air fryer, air fryer chickpeas, crispy chickpeas