Oat Flour Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Oat Flour Muffins are fully gluten free, VEGAN, and come together in just one big bowl. So, in other words: they’re a complete DREAM! And that’s not to mention that they are so fluffy and delicious! You need these in your life ASAP.
I can’t tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have received a message about my famous Vegan Muffins recipes asking something along the lines of “how can I make these muffins gluten free” or “can I use almond flour in these muffins!?”. I never had a good answer to that but NOW I do.
I’ve wanted to test those muffins for quite a while using oat flour and have finally PERFECTED it. It took a good few tries but I’m SO so pleased with how well these muffins turned out.
As I often do, I released the recipe a little early to a few people who requested it in my Insta stories and they all had amazing things to say about the recipe. LEGIT so so good! Like, maybe even better than the original recipe?
My biggest hangup when I was testing the recipe was how flat they were. I REALLY wanted to get a nice domed muffin from this recipe but after a decent bit of research and talking to a baker friend who does a lot of gluten free baking, I came to the conclusion that oat flour muffins are just doomed to be a little flat.
BUT THEY’RE STILL SO SUPER DELICIOUS! I promise :D
They comes out of the oven with a nice pretty dome….but then just about instantly deflate. haha. It’s normal. But, I repeat: they’re still SO tasty!
Main ingredients in these Oat Flour Muffins:
- Oat flour– you can make your own or use store bought
- Maple syrup for sweetness
- Mashed Banana– this is largely used in place of eggs to work as a binding agent PLUS it adds a nice bit of sweetness to the muffins
- Nut/ seed butter
- Plant based milk– I often use almond milk but have really been loving oat milk lately!
That’s all I have for today! If you end up making these muffins, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
MORE VEGAN MUFFINS THAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Coffee Cake Banana Muffins
- Double Chocolate Vegan Muffins
- Blueberry Vegan Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Zucchini Bread Muffins
See how to make the Oat Flour Muffins here:
These oat flour muffins come together in one bowl and are seriously so delicious!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk, or other plant based milk
- 3 tablespoons of nut butter- I used almond butter this time but really any nut/ seed butter would work well
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of mix-ins such as blueberries of chocolate chips, plus more for topping if desired
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a six cup muffin pan (you can obviously also use a regular 12 cup one but only grease half of it).
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until very few lumps remain. Mix in the maple syrup, milk, nut butter, and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined.
- Add in the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until fully combined. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes (don’t skip this step!).
- Stir in optional mix-ins. Divide the batter evenly among your 6 muffin cups.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes. They’re done when lightly browned around the edges and when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. They’ll come out of the oven with a nice rounded top but will flatten almost completely as they cool. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free muffins, gluten free vegan muffins, oat flour muffins