Coconut Lentil Curry with Coconut Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Coconut Lentil Curry with Coconut Rice– this vegan curry is simple to make and comes together in no time! The curry can all be made in one large pot and it’s a dish that everyone will love! Comforting and delicious!
I’m teaming up once again with Calphalon to share their Classic™ Nonstick 14-Pc. Cookware Set with No Boil-Over Inserts! I was in serious need of a new cookware set and I’m really excited to share these with you!
I love when I get to work with brands that I love and I’m genuinely excited to share BOTH this cookware set AND this Coconut Curry recipe with you! The set includes just about everything that you need in the kitchen and the nonstick surface is great for easy and quick meals.
I especially love how sleek and clean they look!
More of my favorite features of this Nonstick Cookware Set:
- Easy to clean nonstick
- stay-cool metal handles (they seriously stay cool enough to handle while you’re cooking and I LOVE THAT so much!)
- Convenient measuring marks, pour spouts & straining lids (why don’t ALL POTS have this!?)
- Durable hard-anodized aluminum
And one of the COOLEST features: innovative no boil-over insert that put a stop to messy spills. You would think that I’d be an experienced enough chef that I wouldn’t let rice boil over (like EVERY single time that I cook it) but, well, I get distracted very easily :D
The no-boil over insert makes it so that I can focus on other things and not worry about making a giant mess on my stovetop. The BPA-free silicone insert recirculates boiling water back into the pot which is so COOL! There’s a large hole in the middle of the insert so you can see the progress of your dish and even give it a stir without having to remove the liner.
OKAY let’s dive into this Lentil Coconut Curry!
How to make this Lentil Coconut Curry with Coconut Rice:
The curry itself comes together all in one large pot. I used my Calphalon 6qt stockpot for this recipe and it was the perfect size! The rice all comes together in a separate saucepan.
For the curry we’ll start out by sautee our onion together with ginger, garlic, and a few spices. Then the crushed tomatoes get mixed in with a little bit of water and are brought to a boil. After that, the lentils are mixed in and cooked until tender. At the very end, the coconut milk, peas, and bell pepper get mixed in. AND that’s it. A super easy one pot meal!
And while I could easily eat this curry by itself, I HIGHLY suggest making the coconut rice to go along with it! Simply stir together all of the ingredients and bring it to a boil (have your no boil-over insert handy!) and then simmer for about 20 minutes.
This recipe makes quite a bit of food so it’s perfect for a crowd OR even as a meal prep recipe! I swear that the leftovers are even tastier than the freshly made dish.
I highly suggest keeping some leftovers!
AND that’s it for today! Don’t forget to check out the Calphalon Classic™ Nonstick 14-Pc. Cookware Set with No Boil-Over Inserts at Bed Bath and Beyond. As usual, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling if you end up making this recipe!
This post has been sponsored by Calphalon! Thank you SO MUCH for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!Print
Ridiculously easy and delicious Coconut Lentil Curry with Coconut Rice
For the lentil curry:
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of fine sea salt
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ginger paste (or grated fresh ginger)
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup dried lentils (I used red but brown or green would also work well!)
- 3 cups of water
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of frozen peas
For the coconut rice:
- 15 ounce can of lite coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of long grain rice (I like jasmine or basmati in this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- optional: 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
To make the lentil curry:
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil medium heat. Once hot, add in the garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, turmeric and salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, ginger, and water. Cook for 5 additional minutes or until the mixture is heated through and just beginning to show steam.
- Mix in the lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer gently for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft and nearly cooked through. Be sure to stir during the cooking process to ensure that everything is cooking properly and the lentils aren’t sticking to the pot at all.
- Stir in the coconut milk, bell pepper, and frozen peas. Continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until the bell pepper is softened.
- Remove from heat and serve over the coconut rice!
To make the coconut rice:
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients EXCEPT the rice. Heat over medium high heat until the liquid just begins to show steam.
- Mix in the rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer, cover, and let cook for 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir often to avoid sticking.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: curry, lentil curry, vegan curry