Curried Egg Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This simple Curried Egg Salad is quick to throw together and a fun twist on a classic recipe. It’s filled with protein and great for a take away lunch!
I’ve recently dug out many of my old cook books looking for a little culinary inspiration AND just generally wanting to cook more from the MANY books that I own. I was reminded that one of my all time favorite recipes from one of my favorite cookbooks just so happens to be a version of this Curried Egg Salad and I’ve wanted to share it for quite a while now.
The cookbook is called Easy Gourmet from I Am a Food Blog and it’s one of the first blogger cookbooks that I ever purchased back when I first started my blog (10 whole years ago!).
A version of this egg salad is something that I have made MANY times from the cookbook. For being so incredibly simple, it’s SO INSANELY delicious! I’m excited for you to give it a try.
I feel as if egg salad has a bad rep but I’m personally a huge fan. It’s 1) delicious 2) super easy to throw together 3) keeps well thus making it a great make ahead lunch and 4) ends up being pretty healthy. It’s also highly adaptable as you can throw any veggies in there that you happen to have on hand.
Ingredients in this simple egg salad:
- hard boiled eggs (duh)
- curry powder
- chives (or green onions)
- celery (although really any raw veggies would be great in this!)
- mayo + dijon for flavor
AND that’s pretty much it. It’s super simple and seriously just SO GOOD!
That’s it for today! If you end up making this recipe, be sure to tag me on social media @foodwithfeeling ! ENJOY!Print
This simple egg salad is quick to throw together and a fun twist on a classic recipe. It’s filled with protein and great for a take away lunch!
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 2 tablespoons of chives or green onion
- 1/3 cup of diced celery
- salt and pepper to taste
- toasted bread and greens for serving
- Start by hard boiling your eggs if you haven’t already done so. I do this by boiling a pot of water. Carefully lower the eggs into the pot and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from the water and place directly into an ice bath. Let rest until fully cooled and then peel.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork or potato masher to mash the eggs into a rough chop. Mix in the curry powder, dijon, mayo, chives, and celery. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on toasted bread, or even on it’s own, and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 261.9 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.9 g
- Protein: 6.7 g
- Cholesterol: 192.3 mg
Keywords: egg salad, curry egg salad, egg salad sandwich