Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you’re a fan of Classic Mexican Street Corn then you’re going to LOVE this fun twist in the form Mexican Street Corn PASTA SALAD! It’s simple to make and prefect for summer entertaining (or even just to enjoy all to yourself!).
Yes, I am INDEED street corn obsessed this year! I just love it so much that I wanted to create some new (and yes, very untraditional) ways to serve it.
Let’s walk through our Street Corn Journey first, shall we?
- Easy Mexican Street Corn (one of my most popular recipes on the blog!)
- Street Corn Salad
- Street Corn NACHOS
- And now, this Street Corn Pasta Salad.
Unlike my Elotes and Esquites recipes, this pasta salad is not traditional AT ALL! Just to make that perfectly clear. As far as I know, you will not find a dish in Mexico quite like this one.
However, it’s VERY delicious and a fun way to enjoy to enjoy those same delicious street corn flavors (with some added and delicious carbs!).
I had a version of this at a fusion restaurant once and REALLY wanted to make my own version of it. Admittedly, mine turned out quite different but I love it. I wanted this to be as if you took street corn and just tossed in some pasta.
But of course, I upped the sauce a little so that everything gets NICE and coated in this cheesy creamy crema sauce!
Ingredients we’re working with:
- Pasta– I used a simple rotini but really any kind of bite sized pasta would work well including a veggie pasta such as lentil pasta.
- Crema Sauce– this is based heavily off of traditional street corn but thinned out a little so that everything can get coated in it.
- Lots of veggies– bell pepper, cilantro, onion, avocado, etc.
- Grilled Corn– I LOVE freshly grilled corn in this recipe BUT you could certainly use canned corn for ease. If doing so, I suggest looking for fire-roasted corn in the can so you get that roasted flavor!
To make the pasta salad, you simple grill your corn while your pasta is cooking. All of the sauce ingredients get whisked together in one bowl. Once the pasta and corn are done, it’s simply a matter of mixing everything together in ONE big bowl and tossing it together with the sauce.
SO simple but seriously so delicious!
That’s it for today! If you end up making this recipe, please come back and let me know what you think OR snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
See how easy it is to make this Mexican Street Corn inspired pasta salad!
- 8 oz of pasta (I used rotini but really any bite sized pasta works well!)
- 3 ears of corn grilled (or 2 cans of drained corn), removed from the cob
- ⅓ cup of crema agria sour cream (regular sour cream also works)*
- ½ cup of mayo
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp of chipotle chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup of cilantro
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup of cotija cheese, plus more for topping
- optional for garnish: diced avocado*
- Cook your pasta according to package directions. Once done, drain and rinse under cold water. You can also leave the pasta warm if you’d prefer.
- If you haven’t already done so, cut the corn off of the cobb and place into a large bowl.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the sour cream, mayo, lime zest and juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Into the bowl with corn, mix in the pasta, cilantro, red onion, avocado, bell pepper, and cotija. Pour the sauce over top and toss to combine.
- Garnish as desired and ENJOY! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*Crema agria is a bit thinner than regular sour cream. If you use regular sour cream then you might want to thin the sauce out with about a tablespoon of water
*I like to add the avocado on just before serving to minimize browning
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 395
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 252.1 mg
- Fat: 19.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 47.2 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
- Cholesterol: 19.7 mg
Keywords: mexican street corn pasta salad, summer pasta salad, cheese pasta salad
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”uNB50YMy” upload-date=”2021-04-05T20:56:32.000Z” name=”Street Corn Pasta Salad” description=”Street Corn Pasta Salad” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]