Healthy Zucchini Tortillas
These Healthy Zucchini Tortillas are easy to make in the oven and a delicious alternative for all of your tortilla needs :)
I’m finally here sharing the recipe for these healthy zucchini tortillas that I was raving about on my Instagram stories a couple months ago. I’m OBSESSED and love that this recipe came about completely by accident when I was re-testing my zucchini crust recipe.
I figured out that if you spread the zucchini batter very thin and bake it for just the right amount of time, it creates these delicious little tortillas that are great for wraps and tacos and whatever else you would use a tortilla for!
Shredding the zucchini and wringing it out is the most cumbersome part of making this recipe. After that you simple mix in flour and egg before forming the batter into little tortillas on a baking sheet.
So simple and such a fun way to enjoy the last bit of summer zucchini!
As usual, please let me know if you end up trying out these tortillas!
- 2 cups grated and packed zucchini, about 2 small zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Shred zucchini using the shredding attachment to a food processor or a box grater (using the finer shred option). Place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle zucchini with 2 teaspoons of the salt, toss well, and let sit for 10-20 minutes. This draws out a lot of the water from the zucchini so that the crust won’t end up soggy.
- Place the zucchini in a dish towel or cheese cloth and ring out AS MUCH of the moisture as you can. When you think you’ve gotten it all out, give it a few more squeezes.
- Moisture removed, place zucchini in a medium bowl and thoroughly mix in the flour and egg.
- Take about 1/8 cup of the mixture and spread it out in a circle very thin. You want it to be pretty much as thin as you can get it without there being any holes.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tortillas are beginning to brown around the edges and the center is cooked through. Once out of the oven, let cool to room temperature. This helps them firm up a bit and makes it easier to peel them from the parchment paper/ mat.
Bake 375 9-11 minutes