How to Make Lavender Syrup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Lavender Syrup recipe is perfect for flavoring coffee, cocktails, and more! It’s so simple to make and keeps in the fridge for a good couple of weeks.
I’ve been making lavender syrup a lot over the last few years and I figured that it was time for it to have it’s own dedicated blog post. I have a whole tutorial on how to make simple syrup with lots of different kinds of sweeteners and flavors including lavender. But this is my all time favorite and I make it often!
I love to use this lavender syrup for coffee, cocktails, and even to sweeten oatmeal. Basically, I just want everything to taste like lavender. It never gets old :)
Ingredients we’re working with:
- Sweetener of choice (sugar, coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup all work well!)
- Dried lavender
How to make this Lavender Syrup:
In a medium saucepan, simply combine all of the ingredients and bring to a simmer. Cook on low for 5 minutes. Then simply remove from the heat and let cool.
You’ll want to strain out the lavender by passing the liquid through a fine mesh strainer.
To make Lavender HONEY syrup, simply swap out the sugar for an equal amount of honey. Super simple and a great natural alternative!
More brussels sprouts recipes to try:
- Lavender Lemonade
This lavender syrup is simple to make and great for flavoring cocktails, coffee and more!
- 1 cup of sugar (can sub for an equal amount of: coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, or agave)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of dried or fresh lavender flowers
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and lavender and place over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and lower the heat a bit. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes at which time the sugar should have completely dissolved and the syrup started to thicken.
- Let cool slightly and then strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the lavender. Pour into an air tight container for storage.
- Category: drinks
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lavender syrup, lavender simple syrup, coffee syrups