Instant Pot Mexican Rice
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick & Easy Instant Pot Mexican Rice that’s vegetarian, vegan, and the perfect side dish for any meal!
Happy Monday, friends! I’m coming off of an eventful and exhausting weekend after throwing a party for Jemma’s first birthday. I don’t mean to sound like every parent ever but HOW is she one year old already!? We had a small get together with family and friends and it’s safe to say that Jemma had a great time. And I got my DIY on with a craft that turned out SO GOOD!
In the form of THESE cupcake toppers:
I also made a separate smash cake for Jemma and she loved it. She’s in this new phase where she likes to give/ share everything with those around her so she kept taking pieces of the cake and giving to everyone else. It was the cutest.
Anyways, let’s talk about this Instant Pot Mexican Rice. It’s quick. It’s easy. And it’s one of my new favorite side dishes.
You won’t have to dirty any other dishes besides the instant pot which is always a win in my book.
How to Make Instant Pot Mexican Rice
I used the saute function to cook the onions and garlic a bit before then dumping in all of the remaining ingredients and setting the instant pot to manual mode for 8 minutes.
Now all that’s really left to do is wait. OH, and make THESE tacos to go with it. Duh.
Once the instant pot is ready, release the pressure and give the rice a bit of a fluff.
And THAT’S IT!
If you don’t already have an instant pot, I highly recommend thinking about getting one. Especially if, like me, you like to eat rice on a regular basis because instant pot rice is the BEST. That being said, there’s pretty much no limit to what you can cook in an instant pot if you get creative!
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice, I prefer a long grain such as basmati
- Using the saute function on your pressure cooker, hot the oil until hot and then add in the onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent. Add in the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Turn the pressure cooker to off and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Set the pressure cooker to “seal” and set it to manual mode for 8 minutes.
- Once done cooking, quick release the pressure. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: mexican
Keywords: mexican, rice, instant pot, side dish