Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Friday is brought to you by these SUPER YUMMY AND DELICIOUS Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps. As expressed in THIS post, I’m kind of obsessed with mangos right now. Like, I’ll make a late night trip to the store if I realize that we’re out of mangos in the house. I’m basically just making up for ALL of the lost time for when I didn’t realize how much I love mangos. I have a lot of catching up to do apparently.
This recipe was also my introduction to cooking with turmeric. Note to self: it will stain your fingers yellow for the rest of the week if you’re not careful. Regardless, I’m a pretty big fan!
These lettuce wraps come together very similarly to the Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps that I posted a couple months ago. The chicken (plus the mangos and onion!) are cooked and then added to some raw veggies inside of a simple little lettuce wrap.
Now, the mango chicken on its own would make for a great meal! Maybe served over a bed of rice or quinoa?? The chicken is very easy to cook and is ready in no time!
These lettuce wraps work well for on the go lunches. You can pack all of the elements separately and then assembly the yummy wraps at work or wherever you eat your lunches.
And the veggies in the wraps are really up to you. I wanted a bit of crunch so I added carrots, zucchini, and a bit of fresh mango to the wraps. The skies the limit here though really :)Print
For the mango chicken:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ofavocado oilor olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 large ripe mango, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the wraps:
- Bibb or romaine lettuce for wraps
- 1 cup of carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced and cut into ~3 inch pieces
- optional for topping: cilantro, extra slices of fresh (uncooked) mango, lime juice
- in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the chicken and top with the turmeric, garlic powder, and cayenne. Cook until the chicken is done on the outside and just beginning to brown (it doesn’t need to be cooked all the way through just yet). This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add in the mango chunks, onion, and lime juice and stir together. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Use a meat thermometerto check for doneness (165 degrees F).
- When done, take the chicken off of the heat and set aside. Once cooled, cut the chicken into slices.
- To assemble the wraps, top your lettuce wraps with the carrots and zucchini and then top with the mango chicken mixture.
- optional: top with a bit of cilantro, extra mango, and lime juice.