This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Taco Cups– LOVE love these easy vegan taco cups! I used a base of flour tortillas, refried beans and vegan nacho cheese sauce!
I’ve been dreaming of these Taco Cups for MONTHS! I saw a version of these on Instagram and wanted to make my own spin on them! LOVE love how they turned out and I even managed to make them vegan but still completely delicious :D
We’re using my vegan nacho cheese sauce with these and it totally makes them!
If you’re not vegan and don’t care if these are dairy free, you can use whatever other cheese or cheese sauce that you desire. If using a melty cheese, I suggest putting it on top of the refried beans, before putting the second tortilla square on top and then baking it with the cups.
You could get away with using just one tortilla square for these but I really love them with 2. It makes the cups a decent bit sturdier for all of the toppings and just generally takes amazing. (DO IT!)
I have a LOT of ideas for different flavor variations on these taco cups including a chili lime tofu flavored one and I’m excited to do some experimenting in the kitchen. I’ve also seen people do this with wonton wrappers instead of tortillas and that sounds super fun!
What other flavors sound good to you!?
See how to make the Vegan Taco Cups:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”U0FDhND2″ upload-date=”2019-09-03T18:50:01.000Z” name=”Taco Cups ” description=”Vegan Taco Cups”]Print
Easy and delicious vegan taco cups!
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup of refried beans
- 2/3 cup of vegan cheese sauce (you can use any cheese or cheese sauce here that you wish)
- 1/2 cup of guacamole
- 1/4 cup of sour cream (vegan sour cream here)
- pico de gallo/ salsa for serving
- jalapeno slices for serving
- cilantro for serving
- red onion for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Prepare the tortillas by cutting off the edges so that you have a large square and then cut those into 4 smaller squares (see video above for reference).
- Gently tuck a tortilla square into each muffin tin, folding over the sides as needed (again, see video for reference). Place a heaping tablespoon into each tin and then top with another tortilla square so that it gently flattens the beans. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Top with your desired toppings and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: taco cups, vegan appetizer, vegan party dish