This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’re going to love these sweet and decadent Gingerbread Cupcakes that are perfect for holiday baking! The recipe is super simple to make and you’re not even going to believe how deliciously fluffy these are.
This post is sponsored by Country Crock® Plant Butter but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
I am in FULL swing holiday baking mode over here (as is very evident if you follow along on Instagram) and next in line: these AMAZING vegan Gingerbread Cupcakes with a sweet plant based gingerbread buttercream frosting on top (and the cutest little gingerbread sprinkles!).
To make these cupcakes, I’ve partnered up with my ALL TIME FAVORITE vegan butter brand: Country Crock® Plant-Butter. I use and talk about this butter so often and am always happy to be able to work with a brand that is such a staple in my house. I’m pretty sure that I have tried ALL of the vegan butters on the market and this one is by FAR the best.
Before we dive into the cupcake recipe, I want to tell you a little bit more about why I love Country Crock® Plant Butter so much:
- It is both gluten-free AND vegan!
- It’s inexpensive compared to most other vegan butters on the market.
- It is super easy to find. I moved cross country and still had no issues finding the Country Crock® Plant Butter! Due to my job, I shop at all kinds of different stores and this butter is almost always there. Check their store locator to find it near you!
- It can be swapped one-for-one for traditional dairy butter in pretty much any recipe you’re making. I always hate the extra guess work involved with making some vegan recipes but these vegan butter sticks make it SO EASY.
- It’s not overly salty. This might seem like a silly point to make but nearly ALL of the vegan butters that I have tried are SO SALTY and when baking, they definitely affect the end result of the recipe. But, this Country Crock® Plant Butter is perfect for baking since it’s not as salty.
- It produces less than half of the carbon footprint of dairy butter!
OKAY, now for the Gingerbread Cupcakes!
These are super easy to make and I love them for that. As many cupcake recipes go, you simple mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another, and then combine it all together! Pour into the cupcake tins and BAKE. I promise that anyone can do this :)
The buttercream frosting uses two sticks of the Country Crock® Plant Butter to create the most delicious and fluffy buttercream that you will ever have! I’m not just saying that- this buttercream is SO so good. You could leave out the molasses and spices if you want a more traditional buttercream. BUT, I suggest going all out gingerbread on this one.
If you manage to actually save any of these, they store well in an air tight container on the countertop for about 4 days.
Alright well, that’s it for today! As always, if you end up making these cupcakes, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
And thank you again to Country Crock® Plant Butter for sponsoring this post. I am so honored to be working with a brand that I love so much. If you haven’t already, I highly suggest you give their plant butter a try- it is legit the BEST for vegan baking.
These Gingerbread Cupcakes are simple to make and fully vegan!
- 1 ½ cups of all purpose flour
- ½ cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of all-spice
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 5 tablespoons of Country Crock Plant Butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup of molasses
- ½ cup of plant based milk
- 3 ½ cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of Country Crock Plant Butter
- 1 tablespoon of Molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of plant based milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with liners and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: butter, apple cider vinegar, molasses, and plant based milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry and mix until JUST combined. It’s important not to overmix this batter as it will add too much air into the cupcakes and cause them to sink.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting, add the plant butter to the bowl of a stand mixer and, using the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, slowly, until all of it is in. Finally, add in the molasses, vanilla, spices, and milk. Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan cupcakes, holiday cupcakes, holiday baking