Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’ve been on a baking kick lately and I’m super excited to finally share this Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie recipe with you! These are just like the PB cookies that we all loved as kids but completely vegan and plant based. They come together with just 8 ingredients and ALL IN ONE BOWL!
I debated doing a full on cookie week this year but ultimately decided that, with the cross country move and everything happening in the world right now, I didn’t quite have time to write a new blog post every single day for a week. However, I am publishing a pretty good amount of delicious baked goods all throughout the month. I recently shared these vegan sugar cookies and I’ve made them about 5 times just in the past couple of weeks :D
This is another one of the recipes that I worked with Courtney to create. You might remember from the brownies post or some of my posts on Instagram but Courtney is a wonderful baker that I met shortly before moving away from Nashville. She’s been helping me recipe test some of my baked goods and I’m SO happy to have her helping out. It’s always helpful to have someone around who really knows what they’re doing when it comes to baking.
Don’t get me wrong: I do A LOT of baking in my house and always enjoy it. However, I certainly don’t have a deep background in the subject and am always happy to have someone else triple checking my recipes for accuracy and maximum tastiness.
And these peanut butter cookies: 1000% pass all the tests. These cookies are:
- packed with peanut butter
- simple to make (it ALL comes together in ONE bowl!)
- completely vegan
How to make these vegan peanut butter cookies:
Here are the simple ingredients we’re working with:
- peanut butter
- sugar (white and dark brown)
- baking soda and salt
- applesauce (which works as a binding agent in place of an egg- you hardly even notice that it’s there!)
As I mentioned, these are ridiculously easy to make! Start out by combining the peanut butter and sugars in a bowl and whisking until creamy and smooth.
Next add in the remaining ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Spoon the dough out in about 1-2 tablespoon chunks and roll them into balls. Using a fork, press the cookies down so that they’re flatter and so that they have the classic peanut butter cookie look.
Mine cracked a little around the edges but I simply used my fingers to kind of mold them back around the edges. They’ll taste good either way but I wanted mine to look a little nicer and have more rounded edges.
The cookies then bake in the oven for about 10 minutes and then they’re ready to enjoy!
I’m super excited to see y’all making these cookies! If you do, please remember to snap a quick picture and share it with my on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always LOVE to see what y’all are making.
Other vegan cookie recipes you’ll love:
See how to make the Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies here:Print
You’re going to LOVE these Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies that are just like the classic you grew up eating as a kid!
- 1 cup creamy all natural peanut butter (you want the drippy kind that needs to be stirred)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter and sugars in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a large spoon or spatula until a dough forms.
- Spoon out dough into 1 ½ tablespoons and roll into a ball. Place 2-3 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to lightly press down the dough in two directions.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cookie has slightly spread and edges are lightly golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
- Smooth, no-stir peanut butter does not work well here.
- The dough will seem quite thick and crumbly but that’s okay. I like to take the 1 ½ tablespoons dough and really press it together so it’s compact and then roll it so it’s nice and round.
- When pressing down with a fork, I found that the edges really crumbled quite a bit. To make them look a little prettier, I formed the edges back into a circle just a little but see photo for reference that mine were by no means perfectly round.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookies
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 148.2 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cookies, vegan baking, peanut butter cookies