This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Easy Vegan Brownies– satisfy that chocolate craving with these easy to make VEGAN Brownies! It takes no time to whip these together and no one will EVER even know that they’re vegan :D
All of your chocolatey dreams are coming true today in the form of these delicious, fudgy, decadent BROWNIES!
If you follow me on Instagram (lets be friends!!) then you may have remembered that I teased these brownies about a month ago. The stories that I posted went viral and about 40k views later + HUNDREDS of messages asking for the recipe I decided to go ahead and post it on my feed.
I’m super excited to see more of you making these Vegan Brownies because they’re SO SO GOOOOOD!!
I’ve been working on this recipe for YEARS. Like literally years. And finally, it’s perfect. PERFECT!
I wanted them to have the perfect balance of soft and cakey + thick and fudgy. These brownies landed right in the middle and I can’t tell you how freakin’ much I love them.
Because I know that I’m going to be asked “Can I make these brownies with gluten free flour!?” let me go ahead and answer that question: the only gluten free flour that I have tested with these brownies is a gluten free 1-1 substitute such as Bob’s Red Mills brand or Cup4Cup. I have NOT however tried these brownies with almond, coconut, oat or any other kind of gluten free flour besides the 1-1 substitutes. So, proceed with those other flours at your own risk :D
How to make Vegan Brownies:
While it does take a few different bowls to whip these brownies together, they’re still super easy!
Start out by combining the flax meal and water to make a vegan flax egg.
Next, place the chocolate (I like to use extra dark but any vegan chocolate will work) in a bowl with the vegan butter and melt it. You can either do this in the microwave or in a double boiler.
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients before then folding in the chocolate mixture, flax egg, and remaining wet ingredients. Mix until just combined and then pour the batter into a prepared pan to bake. Bake and ENJOY!
This is one of those recipes that tastes AMAZING right out of the oven as well as multiple days later and I love it for that!
If you end up making these Vegan Brownies (HELLO YOU NEED THEM!), don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
More vegan desserts you’ll love:
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Muffins
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
See how to make the decadent brownies here:
The BEST Vegan Brownies that you will ever make!!
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup of cold water
- ½ cup (80g) of dark chocolate
- ½ cup (4oz) vegan butter, I prefer the earth balance vegan butter sticks in this recipe
- 1 ½ cups + 2 tablespoons (190g) of all purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (50g) of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (110g) of white sugar
- ½ cup (110g) of light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup (150ml) of plant based milk, I used a plain almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9 inch baking tray with parchment paper and spray generously with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ground flaxseed meal and the cold water. Let sit to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, add in the dark chocolate and vegan butter and melt in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted (mine took just 1 minute). You can also do this in a double boiler. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk in the white and brown sugar.
- Fold in the flaxseed mixture, chocolate mixture, almond milk, and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking tray and bake for 25-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Mine was perfect at 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!
You can make these in an 8×8 pan (although the 9×9 is more ideal) but they may need a few extra minutes to bake
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan brownies, vegan dessert, vegan dessert recipe