Easy Sesame Cauliflower
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower comes together quickly and is so ridiculously delicious! There’s also an oven option if you’d prefer but either way you cook it, I know you’re going to love it.
It’s true, I’m very air fryer obsessed right now and I don’t think I’ll be slowing down with the new air fryer recipes any time soon :) I’m not at all sorry because I’ve LOVING everything that I make in my air fryer and am excited to share it all.
A couple of weeks ago I posted THIS Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower and this Sesame Cauliflower is pretty similar- just with a slightly different flavor profile.
I wanted to keep these fully vegan which means not using any eggs in the batter for the cauliflower. Luckily, these work great and still taste amazing without ANY eggs in them :)
Here are the ingredients we’re working with:
- Flour (you could use oat flour or chickpea flour as a gluten free substitute)
- Plant based milk
- A simple and delicious sauce that includes: water, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and sesame oil.
To make the Sesame Cauliflower, you simple mix together the milk and flour in a shallow bowl and then toss in the cauliflower. Place the breaded florets in the air fryer and cook for about 12 minutes.
While the cauliflower cooks, you can make the sauce by simply whisking together all of the ingredients in a small saucepan and cooking it for a few minutes until it has thickened.
Then pour the sauce over the cooked cauliflower, toss to coat and ENJOY!
That’s all for today. As usual, if you end up making this recipe, it would mean a lot to me if you came back to leave me a comment/ rating OR snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling ! I always love to see what y’all are making!
More simple Air Fryer Recipes to try:
- Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Tofu
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Artichokes
- Air Fryer Crispy Chickpeas
See how to make the recipe here:Print
This Air Fryer Sesame Cauliflower is so simple to throw together and makes for a healthy dinner or even meal prep option!
- 4 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup soy sauce (I suggest low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and pre-heat to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk together the plant milk and flour.
- Dip the cauliflower florets into the batter, allowing any excess batter to drip off.
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer, making sure they do not touch. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket!* Air fry at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until the cauliflower are a nice golden brown.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the remaining ingredients (water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger) in a small pan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it has reduced and thickened– about 5 minutes. Then, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes before saucing
- Once the cauliflower is done, place it in a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss to combine and serve immediately. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion as desired. ENJOY!
To cook in the oven: Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place the battered cauliflower on a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Proceed with the recipe as written.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes