Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe– this easy soup recipe comes together in just one pot and is the perfect fall meal! I’m excited that soup season is here and I know you’re going to love this one!
Oh HEY soup season! SO SO happy to finally see you :)
Last week we had temperatures as high as 97 degrees 😲 here in Nashville so I was VERY relieved today to wake up to temps in the 50s. I’m a summer girl at heart but for the first year ever, and now that it’s OCTOBER, I have to say: I’m ready to say farewell to summer for the year.
And with the end of summer, I’m planning to make ALL THE SOUPS!
If you’ve been around for quite a while then you may remember this soup. I originally posted this vegan butternut squash soup recipe FIVE years ago so I figured that the photos could use a bit of a refresh.
The recipe is staying pretty much the same but I updated all of the photos and added a VIDEO (at the bottom of the post, above the recipe card!).
How to make Butternut Squash Soup:
This soup comes together in ONE POT which I love about it. I just have NOT had time for extravagant dinners lately and that’s okay.
What’s in this vegan butternut squash soup:
- cubbed butternut squash soup
- sage and other seasoning
- milk of choice (I’ve been loving oat milk lately!)
To make the soup, start out by sauteeing the veggies in a little bit of olive oil until they begin to soften. Then all of the remaining ingredients (minus the milk) get added into the pot. The soup is brought to a simmer and cooked until the butternut squash is fork tender.
Now you could technically eat the soup as is but I prefer to blend it all up so that it’s creamy and smooth.
And that’s it! SUPER easy to throw together this easy Butternut squash soup! Don’t forget that if you make this soup, tag me in a photo on Instagram!!
More soup recipes to try:
See how to make this Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe:
Easy and delicious vegan butternut squash soup recipe!
- 1/2 of a medium white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil, olive oil or coco oil
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 sticks of celery, chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1–2 teaspoons of ginger, grated, depending on preference
- 1 teaspoon of dried sage
- S&P to taste
- Optional: 1 cup of milk, any kind
- For serving: sauteed kale
- In a large pot, saute the onion in the oil for 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients minus the milk and simmer for 30 minutes or until the squash and carrots are tender. Let cool slightly.
- Add in the milk to the pot.
- Sectioning the soup out, pour about half of it into a food processor or blender and process until creamy smooth. This might take a couple minutes.
- Add additional S&P if needed.
- Top with sauteed kale and ENJOY!!!
- This soup is best served very warm.
- Category: Soup
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan soup, butternut squash soup recipe, vegan dinner