Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie is my NEW favorite breakfast and I’m pretty sure that I could have it every single day! It’s easily customizable, fully vegan, and comes together with just a few simple ingredients.
At this point in the game, I have a LOT of smoothie recipes up on the blog. SO, I sometimes have a hard time coming up with new flavor combos to try. But it dawned on recently that I didn’t have one of the BEST flavor combos in a smoothie form: chocolate peanut butter! 🤯
I’m here today to fix that with this super simple, FIVE ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie.
I stuck with my go-to smoothie formula which consists of 1 frozen banana + 1/2 cup of yogurt + 1/2 cup of milk. From there, I add more to the smoothie depending on my mood that day. Some days I add more fruit like in this Strawberry Banana Smoothie or this Mango Smoothie.
Other times, when I want a slightly lighter smoothie, I’ll swap the banana out for frozen cauliflower florets. I know it sounds kind of strange BUT it makes the smoother lower in calories in carbs, adds some nutrients AND I swear you totally don’t taste the cauliflower at all. BUT it still bulks it up a bit and gives it a really creamy texture very similar to if you had used a banana.
If you’ve never tried cauliflower in your smoothie, I high recommend it (and I’m not even one of those weird cauliflower loving people- cauliflower pizza? no thanks!).
Ingredients in this chocolate smoothie:
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa powder
- Yogurt (I used a plain coconut yogurt)
- Liquid of choice (I usually use something like oat milk but really anything works here!)
That’s all I have for today! As always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!Print
This healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie comes together with just a handful of simple ingredients and is easily customizable!
- 1 frozen banana (can easily be swapped for 2/3 cup of frozen cauliflower florets)
- ½ cup of yogurt, vegan as desired
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter*
- ½ cup milk of choice, plus more as needed
- optional as desired for added sweetness: 1 pitted date OR 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Add more liquid as needed to get the blender going.
- Pour and ENJOY!
*other seed nut butters work as well!
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan smoothie, healthy smoothie, chocolate smoothie