Golden Milk Mango Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This HEALTHY Mango Smoothie comes together in mere MINUTES and with just FOUR super simple ingredients. The optional turmeric adds a nice little bit of extra nutrition and turns the smoothie in a golden milk milkshake. SO GOOD!
Have you jumped on the golden milk bandwagon yet? I’m relatively new to use turmeric in general but love all of the health benefits that it offers. I recently started making golden milk lattes at home and LOVE them. I’m drinking one right now actually :)
Since I’m smoothie addicted, I figured that I would make my golden milk latte obsession into a smoothie. I wanted to keep this simple; like 4 ingredients simple.
Here are the ingredients for this healthy smoothie:
- Turmeric– this is what gives in the “golden milk” name but the turmeric is certainly optional. You don’t taste it at all butI love the little nutritional boost that it offers!
- Frozen mango– mango is one of those things that I ALWAYS keep in my freezer because this is one of my all time favorite smoothies to make.
- Yogurt– I’ve been a big fan of coconut milk vegan yogurt lately but you can certainly use any kind of yogurt that you prefer.
- Frozen banana OR cauliflower– I love banana in my smoothies HOWEVER frozen cauliflower is a great option if you want a lower calorie and lower sugar smoothie OR if you’re just not a banana fan. Once blended up into the smoothie, you don’t taste the cauliflower AT ALL but it helps bulk up the smoothie and keep it nice and creamy.
The last ingredient might be a little strange: frozen banana OR cauliflower!? Here’s the deal, I’ve been using frozen cauliflower in smoothies a LOT lately. I got the idea from THIS milkshake that I make regularly and have been obsessed with it ever since. Cauliflower has a very mild taste (like you really don’t even realize that it is there) but I love that it has less sugar than a banana and adds some nice extra nutrients hidden in there.
Just for reference, you can replace banana in pretty much any smoothie with an even amount of cauliflower. It will obviously alter the taste (basically it’ll just NOT be banana-y) but will still taste great. I’ve tried this with SO many smoothies and it has never disappointed.
Because it’s easy and typically cheaper, I most often buy cauliflower already frozen from the freezer section. I like to keep it on hand for quick and easy smoothie making. If you’re wanting to freeze your own cauliflower, you would first cook it until it’s tender and THEN freeze it. I lay it flat on a baking tray to freeze before then putting it all in an air tight container. If you try and freeze it first in a bag, it’ll stick together into one big block (no bueno!).
How to make a mango smoothie:
If you’ve read any of my MANY smoothie recipes then you pretty much know how this goes: add all of the ingredients to your blender and BLEND until smooth. BAM done :)
I really like my smoothies to be on the thick side. The yogurt that I used was just enough to get the blender blending but if yours gets a little stuck (or if you just want your smoothie to be a little creamier) then you can add in some liquid a couple tablespoons at a time. Milk, almond milk, water….any kind of liquid works!
I hope that you have a great day! As usual, if you end up making this smoothie, PLEASE snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
More healthy smoothie recipes to try:
- Roundup for my favorite HEALTHY Smoothies recipes
- Homemade Acai Bowl
- How to Freeze Greens for Smoothies
- Meal Replacement Blueberry Green Smoothie
- Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Acai Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Cinnamon Roll Smoothie
- Beet Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Blackberry Kombucha Smoothie
- Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Tropical Berry Smoothie Bowl
See how to make the Mango Banana Smoothie here:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”wDqkwogv” upload-date=”2020-05-27T22:37:39.000Z” name=”Easy Mango Smoothie” description=”Easy Mango Smoothie” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
Golden Milk Mango Smoothie- this smoothie is simple, delicious, and only a few ingredients!
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (you could totally leave this out if you want a plain mango smoothie!)
- Frozen mango 1 cup
- ¾ cup yogurt any kind
- 1 frozen banana or 1 cup of cauliflower
- optional: splash of milk or water if you need help getting the blender going
- In a high speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If needed, add more liquid, a tablespoon at a time, to get the blender going. I like my smoothies on the thicker side but add some milk/ water as needed.
- Serve and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: healthy smoothie, weightloss drink, golden milk