Coffee Cake Banana Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Coffee Cake Banana Muffins come together with simple ingredients and just a few quick minutes of work! These are perfect as a breakfast on the go or even as a deliciously sweet snack :)
Hopefully you know by now how much I LOVE muffins but if not, see HERE for my ultimate vegan muffin recipes roundup. It’s been quite a while since I posted a new muffin recipe and I’ve had the idea for this one on my mind for quite some time. Super excited to finally be sharing it with you!
After this Chocolate Cherry Coffee Cake recipe went viral a few weeks ago, I was reminded that I really needed to work on these muffins. Because, we clearly ALL love coffee cake desserts :D
These Banana Muffins are:
- Quick & easy
- So fluffy
- Dairy and egg free
- Perfect for meal prepping
- Delicious for breakfast or really anytime as a snack
- You new favorite muffin recipe!
How to make these Vegan Banana Muffins:
First up, let’s go over the main ingredients in the muffins–
- Maple syrup
- Nut butter
- Plant based milk
- Vegan Butter
We’re keeping this super simple by making the muffins in ONE BOWL and the simple crumble topping in another bowl. The batter for the muffins gets mixed together, wet ingredients first and then the dry, and then divided evenly into the muffin tin.
The crumble topping is also a “dump all of the ingredients into the bowl and mix” situation. Once thoroughly combined, the crumble toping gets sprinkled on top of the muffins. It’ll seem like it’s too much but keep adding it all on top :)
Can I make these muffins without the crumble topping!?
YES! If you want a simple banana muffin recipe, you can certainly leave off the crumble topping. You could also add in 1/2-1 cup of mix ins including chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.
While I really love these with the topping on them, they’re still sweet, fluffy, and delicious without it!
MORE VEGAN MUFFINS THAT YOU’LL LOVE:
- Chocolate Chip Vegan Muffins
- Carrot Cake Muffins
- Double Chocolate Vegan Muffins
- Blueberry Vegan Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Zucchini Bread Muffins
See how to make the Banana Muffins here:Print
For the muffins:
- 2 cup of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a glu20 free 2–2 substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cup of nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 medium banana, mashed
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin (you can also use liners but I still recommend giving the muffin liners a god spray with cooking oil).
- In a large bowl, mash your 2 bananas until very few lumps remain. Add in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Into the same bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients for the topping.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into the muffin cups. Top with the crumble topping, evenly distributing it across the 12 muffins.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
*You can certainly make these banana muffins WITHOUT the topping and they still taste great. You could mix in 2/3 cup of fruit, chocolate chips, etc.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan muffins, banana muffins, coffee cake muffins