Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
One of my ALL TIME favorite veggie side dishes is Brussels sprouts. YES- I’m one of THOSE people that genuinely loves brussels sprouts and after you try this super simple Cranberry Brussels Sprouts recipe, I know you will be too :) Bonus points for tossing in a little garlic powder into the mix as well.
It’s true, I’ve been a lover of Brussels sprouts for some time now. Stephen makes my ALL TIME favorite sprouts recipe that’s heavy on the garlic. I ask him to make those for me on a regular basis and never ever get sick of them. Like ever.
However, I figured it was time for a slightly different version and one perfect for the holidays. Conveniently, this one is ridiculously easy and requires very minimal effort.
I like my sprouts to be as crispy as possible without actually being burnt at all. While Stephen most often makes them on the stovetop, I really like to roast them in the oven; mostly out of laziness but also because I find that I can get them a bit crispier in the oven than in a skillet.
How to make these SUPER EASY Cranberry Brussels Sprouts:
First up, here’s the SIX simple ingredients required:
- fresh brussels, trimmed and halved
- fresh cranberries
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- pecans (technically optional but highly recommended!)
- balsamic vinegar (also optional but, again, just DO IT!)
To make this recipe, simple toss the sprouts in olive oil, salt and pepper and then roast them until the start to really brown, about 10 minutes. Next, toss in the pecans and cranberries and roast for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the cranberries are soft and begin to burst.
SUPER SIMPLE and ridiculously TASTY!
Check out my video for how to make these Brussels sprouts here:
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”egiK3Ss0″ upload-date=”2019-12-18T04:46:25.000Z” name=”Cranberry Brussels Sprouts” description=”Cranberry Brussels Sprouts” player-type=”static”]Print
These Cranberry Brussels Sprouts make the perfect holiday side dish and the best part is that they come together in a quick and easy 20 minutes!
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2/3 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional for serving: drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the sprouts in the olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Mix in the cranberries and pecans and roast for an additional 5-8 minutes or until the cranberries are beginning to burst and are tender.
- Serve with an optional drizzle of balsamic vinegar and ENJOY!
- Category: Side dish
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: brussels sprouts recipe, roasted brussels sprouts, holiday side dish