Sea Salt & Garlic Brussels Sprouts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I’m feeling the post Thanksgiving lull like CRAZY. Getting out of bed has been SO difficult. And once I do, actually getting myself out the door has been even more difficult. In fact, I haven’t made it to work on time even once this week. gah. The struggle is so real.
On a brighter note, I’m loving our big decorated tree and have been in quite a christmas spirit this year! I drank egg nog for breakfast this morning and have had holiday scented candles constantly burning. Oh! And tonight I’m the photographer for “pet pictures with santa” at an awesome pet supply store here in Nashville. I did it last year and it was one of my favorite days. I think we had about 100 pets come through last year which was the first year. I fully expect to have quite a few more this year. SUPER excited about all the christmas puppy kisses.
Stephen and I don’t celebrate christmas in the true sense of the holiday but we’ll take any excuse to eat massive loads of yummy food, drink egg nog, buy presents (and receive them :D), and have a nice relaxing break from work.
These Sea Salt & Garlic Brussels Sprouts are one of my most favorite things to eat in the whole world! Stephen made them for me like this about 2 years ago and now it’s become a regular side item in our house. There was a time earlier this year that we ate these about 3 times a week for dinner because THEY’RE SO GOOD!
It takes basically nothing to throw them together. Just chop all of the sprouts into a manageable bite size portion.
For us, we just chop them in half. If you have small children (who will actually eat brussels sprouts) then you might want to chop them in quarters.
They’re then cooked in a skillet with oil and butter and garlic and sea salt. Simple and perfect!
I seriously eat these like candy. But, I’m just generally a really big brussels sprouts fan. :)Print
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts (can be fresh OR frozen), rinsed
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ~1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, cut off the stems.
- Chop the brussels sprouts in half from the stem area to the top of the sprout (picture above).
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the half of the oil and half of the butter and heat until butter is just melted all the way through.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper until the sprouts are evenly covered.
- Cook over medium heat, toss occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the brussels sprouts begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic as well as the remaining oil and butter and cook, tossing occasionally, for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm. ENJOY!!