Easy Sautéed Brussel Sprouts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Garlic Sautéed Brussel Sprouts Recipe is so simple to make (even for Brussels sprout novices) but they’re so delicious and absolutely packed with flavor! This will become a regular in your dinner rotation.
Of all the recipes on my blog (and I have a LOT of really good ones) this is actually one of my all time favorites! I originally posted the recipe back in 2014 and figured it was do for a bit of an update. The recipe isn’t changing at all because it’s PERFECT and I love it so so much.
We used to make these brussel sprouts multiple times a week and I truly miss that because these are so so good! Good thing it’s almost brussel sprout season again.
These Sea Salt & Garlic Brussels Sprouts are one of my most favorite things to eat in the whole world! Stephen made them for me like this about 6 years ago and now it’s become a regular side item in our house. There was a time earlier this year that we ate these about 3 times a week for dinner because THEY’RE SO GOOD!
Ingredients in this recipe:
This one is so simple and adjustable. Here’s what we are working with-
- Brussel sprouts- we usually use fresh but have also often used frozen. If using frozen, simply run them under warm water to thaw them before cooking.
- Olive oil
- Butter- you can use vegan as desired!
- Garlic- about 3 cloves is perfect but the more the merrier in my opinion :)
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
How to Saute Brussel Sprouts:
It takes basically nothing to throw them together. Just chop all of the sprouts into a manageable bite size portion. We just chop them in half. If you have small children (who will actually eat brussel sprouts) then you might want to chop them in quarters.
In a skillet, heat up half of the olive oil and butter (you can certainly use vegan butter for this recipe!) and then add in sprouts with salt + pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. As they start to brown, toss in the garlic as well as the remaining oil and butter. Cook for a few more minutes and then you’re DONE!
Simple and perfect and I can’t get over how much I love these- like seriously just never get sick of them!
I seriously eat these like candy. But, I’m just generally a really big brussels sprouts fan. :)
More brussels sprouts recipes to try:
- Lavender Lemonade
These simple sauteed brussels sprouts are so easy to make and absolutely packed with flavor!
- 1 pound of brussels sprouts (can be fresh OR frozen and thawed), rinsed
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ~1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- If using fresh brussels sprouts, cut off the stems and slice the brussels sprouts in half from the stem area to the top of the sprout (picture above).
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the half of the oil and half of the butter and heat until butter is just melted all the way through.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and sprinkle with the sea salt and pepper until the sprouts are evenly covered.
- Cook over medium heat, toss occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until the brussels sprouts begin to soften.
- Add in the minced garlic as well as the remaining oil and butter and cook, tossing occasionally, for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and serve warm. ENJOY!!
- Category: side dish
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brussel sprout recipe, how to cook brussel sprouts