Loaded Veggie Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Plantuary might technically be over (oh HEY February!) but as I mentioned a few days ago, we’re still doing our best around here to load in the veggies! I actually planned to post these Loaded Veggie Wraps a couple weeks ago, but, just didn’t get around to it. So is life, I suppose :)
I thought that eating healthy, well balanced meals would be a lot easier now that I’m working from home. However, so far, I have not found that to be the case. When I was working a normal 9-5 job, there were set hours for lunch. If I didn’t take my lunch during those times then I was out of luck. However, there’s now nothing telling me “okay it’s time for lunch”. I don’t have co-workers popping into my office asking “hey, have you eaten lunch yet??”. As a result, it’s often 2pm before I realize my head hurts and I haven’t eaten since 8am. And then, I grab whatever is easy.
These wraps (and other similar variations of it) are hopefully my new lunch life saver to prevent me from eating ramen every single day for lunch just because it’s easy.
This recipe is really just a suggestion and a place to get you started. I honestly just walked around the produce section and picked out a few things that sounded good to me in that moment, combined it with a few veggies that I had at home already and voila! Loaded Veggie Wrap.
Oh, and in the end, I decided to also add salsa which was a GREAT decision. I didn’t however, feel like re-photographing, so. Just pretend that there’s some salsa in there!
You might not think so, but these wraps actually taste great the next day. So it would totally work to make one or two the night before, bag em up and take them for lunch the next day!! Do it!
Happy Hump day, friends!!Print
- 2 tortilla wraps, mine are a spinach flavor
- 3 tablespoons of guacamole OR half an avocado cut into long strips
- 3 tablespoon of hummus
- 1 carrot shredded
- Handful of chopped red onion
- Handful of leafy greens
- 1/4 of a medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red cabbage
- 1/4 of a zucchini OR cucumber, cut into long strips
- Splitting it up evenly among the 2 tortillas, spread the hummus along the middle portion of each tortilla.
- Load all of the remaining ingredients, split evenly, among the 2 tortillas.
- When ready to roll, fold the top and the bottom of the wrap over top of the veggies. Taking on of the sides, wrap it around the veggies, making sure to hold everything in tight, and continue to roll until the wrap is fully sealed.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!