This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Vegan Wraps are easy to assemble, ready in less than 15 minutes, and taste incredible! Hearty and healthy, vegan lettuce wraps are the perfect plant-based, no-cook lunch or dinner!
*Post and photos were update in March of 2022*
I thought that eating healthy, well balanced meals would be a lot easier now that I’m working from home. However, so far, I have not found that to be the case. When I was working a normal 9-5 job, there were set hours for lunch. If I didn’t take my lunch during those times then I was out of luck. However, there’s now nothing telling me “okay it’s time for lunch”. I don’t have co-workers popping into my office asking “hey, have you eaten lunch yet??”. As a result, it’s often 2pm before I realize my head hurts and I haven’t eaten since 8am. And then, I grab whatever is easy.
These vegan lettuce wraps (and other similar variations) are hopefully my new lunch life saver to prevent me from eating ramen every single day for lunch just because it’s easy.
I’m always looking for more ways to get more veggies into my diet, and these vegan wraps are definitely my new go-to! They take less than 15 minutes to make and they’re full of flavors and textures to keep things exciting. I highly recommend adding in your favorite veggies and giving these a try!
Ingredients for Vegan Wraps:
Vegan wraps use a rainbow of fresh ingredients for an easy lunch or dinner you can feel good about enjoying. Here’s everything you’ll need to make them:
- Wraps. I love using spinach tortillas for this recipe, but you can use any large tortillas you’d like. You can also use lettuce wraps or gluten-free tortillas for a grain free option, or serve everything over a bed of spinach.
- Guacamole or avocado. Adds wonderful flavor and healthy fats. Totally optional, if you’re not a fan.
- Hummus. Any favorite hummus or spread works! Try my tasty homemade hummus!
- Veggies. We’re using shredded carrots, red onion, leafy greens, tomato, red cabbage and zucchini for plenty of crunch, nutrients and color.
How to Make Vegan Wraps:
This recipe is really just a suggestion and a place to get you started. Make these your own and use what you love. I just walked around the produce section and picked out a few veggies that sounded good, combined them with a few vegetables that I already had at home and voilà, these bright and tasty vegan wraps were born!
To assemble your wrap, spread on the hummus and then load your tortilla with the other ingredients. Now, fold everything up until tightly wrapped. Enjoy!
How to Fold Wraps:
My top tip when assembling your veggie wrap is to not overfill your tortilla! You want to get all of the filling ingredients tightly folded inside your tortilla. Simply, add the filling down the middle of the tortilla, leaving about 1/2 inch of space on either end. Fold the top and the bottom of the wrap over the top of the veggies. Taking one of the sides, wrap it around the veggies, making sure to hold everything in tight, and continue to roll until the wrap is fully sealed.
Customize your wrap:
These vegan wraps are fabulous as-is, but they are so easy to customize too! Get creative and use your favorite ingredients! You can also switch things up to use foods you already have in your refrigerator.
- Add protein. You can keep these vegan and add in tofu, chickpeas or black beans.
- Low carb or gluten-free. Use a gluten-free or low carb wrap or skip the wrap and enjoy this in lettuce wraps.
- Different mix-ins. Try other vegetables – bell peppers, corn, radishes, cucumber, or roasted sweet potato. You could even add thinly sliced apple for a little sweetness or cheese (if you’re not vegan).
- Spreads and sauces. Often, I like to add salsa, vegan ranch dressing or other sauces to my wraps. You can even swap out the hummus for avocado hummus or even a fun dip!
So many delicious options! No matter what you choose to add to your wrap, you’ll find yourself making this recipe on the regular. It’s just that good!
Surprisingly, these vegan wraps actually taste great the next day. So, it would totally work to make one or two the night before, bag them up and take them for lunch the next day. The wraps will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days and are delicious straight from the fridge. If you’re planning to make these any more than about 1 day ahead of time, I would suggest adding the avocado just before serving.
Alternatively, you could prep all of your veggies ahead of time and store them in one airtight container, and your hummus in another. When you’re ready to make the wraps, everything is ready-to-go and all you have to do is fill your tortillas.
This is ALL I have for you today! As usual, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a quick photo and be sure to tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are cooking up from the blog!Print
Vegan Wraps are easy to assemble, ready in less than 15 minutes, and taste incredible! Hearty and healthy, vegan lettuce wraps are the perfect plant-based, no cook lunch or dinner!
- 2 tortilla wraps, mine are a spinach flavor
- 3 tablespoons of guacamole OR half an avocado cut into long strips
- 3 tablespoon of hummus
- 1 carrot shredded
- Handful of chopped red onion
- Handful of leafy greens
- 1/4 of a medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper (any color works but I love the sweeter ones)
- 1/4 cup of red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 of a zucchini OR cucumber, cut into long strips
- Splitting it up evenly among the 2 tortillas, spread the hummus along the middle portion of each tortilla.
- Load all of the remaining ingredients, split evenly, among the 2 tortillas.
- When ready to roll, fold the top and the bottom of the wrap over top of the veggies. Taking one of the sides, wrap it around the veggies, making sure to hold everything in tight, and continue to roll until the wrap is fully sealed.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: lunch
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, vegan wraps, vegan lettuce wraps