This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Not only are these Strawberry Brownies super easy to make, but they’re also perfectly rich, fudgy and over-the-top delicious. This recipe is completely vegan and bursting with strawberry flavor. You’re going to want these on repeat!
How fun are these pretty pink strawberry brownies? If you’re a strawberry lover, these are for you! They’re soft, chewy, and dense with a crinkly vanilla glaze topping and wonderful strawberry flavor.
This recipe for strawberry brownies also just happens to be one of the easiest desserts you can make! Did you know that you can make brownies from a cake mix? You totally can! And you will be pleasantly surprised at how incredible they taste! So good and easy to make too!
How do you go from box cake mix to brownies? Read on for all of the delicious details!
Why I love these strawberry brownies made with cake mix:
- Only 4 basic ingredients (not counting the glaze). Grab a strawberry cake mix and you’re set! You probably have all of the other ingredients in your pantry right now!
- One bowl. Aside from making a flax egg in a separate bowl (to keep these vegan), the ingredients get stirred all together at the same time in one bowl. Super easy!
- Customizable. Not in the mood for strawberry? Get creative with this recipe! You can try regular chocolate brownies or even lemon bars. Scroll down for more flavor options.
- Flavorful. Even though these brownies are semi-homemade, they have the most wonderful strawberry flavor. They also have such a great texture and everyone who tries them, loves them!
Ingredients for these brownies:
This recipe for cake mix strawberry brownies has a super short ingredient list. Just 4 simple ingredients + 3 ingredients for the glaze is all you need!
- Flaxseed meal + water. Typically, this recipe would be made with eggs, but to veganize it, we’re mixing ground flaxseed with water to make flax eggs.
- Strawberry cake mix. You’ll need a box of strawberry cake mix. Double check that it’s vegan, if desired. I used Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix.
- Vegetable oil. A little added oil will yield brownies with the perfect moist texture.
- Glaze. Don’t leave the glaze off. It really makes these brownies special! It’s a simple mix of powdered sugar, plant-based milk and vanilla extract.
How to make strawberry brownies with a cake mix:
Turning a boxed cake mix into brownies is incredibly easy! Here’s how:
- Prepare oven and baking pan. Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan or dish with nonstick baking spray or line it with parchment paper.
- Make flax eggs. Stir to combine flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Place the mixture in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients. In one large bowl, stir all of the ingredients together, including the flax eggs.
- Bake. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and evenly smooth out the top. Bake for 33-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Make the glaze. Remove the brownies from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack. While the brownies are still warm, whisk together the glaze ingredients and pour the mixture evenly over the warm brownies.
- Cool and serve. Let the brownies cool in the pan for about 1 hour, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Tips for perfect brownies:
This strawberry blondie recipe could not be easier, but here are a few tips to make sure your dessert turns out perfect every time.
- Flax eggs. If you don’t have flaxseed meal, place whole flax seeds in a coffee or spice grinder and pulse them 10-15 times, or until coarsely ground. If you aren’t concerned with keeping this recipe vegan, you could also replace the flax eggs with 2 regular eggs.
- Cake mix. I love Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix for this recipe. It worked like a charm and was delicious!
- Milk. To make the glaze, I used almond milk, but oat or soy would also work – or you could even use water!
- Glaze. For best results, you really want the glaze to soak into the warm brownies. Make sure to add the glaze right when they come out of the oven.
- Pro tip. To make clean cuts when serving the brownies, warm your knife under hot water and then wipe it with a towel between each cut. These are fudgey brownies so they will stick to your knife a bit!
We absolutely LOVED this strawberry version of brownies, but you can really use any favorite flavor of cake mix to create different types of brownies. Here’s some yummy ideas:
- Funfetti brownies. How festive and fun would brownies with sprinkles be? You could even top the glaze with more sprinkles!
- Red velvet brownies. Use a red velvet cake mix to make red velvet flavored brownies.
- Blondies. Try a yellow cake mix for a simple way to make blondies!
- Lemon bars. Simply replace the strawberry cake mix with a lemon cake mix, maybe add a little lemon zest to the glaze, and you have yourself some easy, delicious lemon bars!
How to store these:
These brownies are best stored in an airtight container for about 3 days in the fridge, but I would be very surprised if they last that long.
As usual, please let me know if you end up making this recipe and how you like it. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
More strawberry treats you’ll love:
- Strawberry Vodka Lemonade
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake
- Vegan Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
- Baked Strawberry Donuts
- Strawberry Salty Dog
- Strawberry Milk
Not only are these Strawberry Brownies super easy to make, but they’re also perfectly rich, fudgy and over-the-top delicious. This recipe is completely vegan and bursting with strawberry flavor.
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 box strawberry cake mix (double check that it’s vegan as desired)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease an 8×8″ pan with nonstick baking spray. Line it with parchment paper, if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and water; stir. Place the mixture in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, and flax mixture. Whisk until combined– the mixture will be thick, but that’s okay!
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 33-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
- While the brownies are still warm, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Pour the glaze evenly over the warm brownies.
- Allow the brownies to cool fully before slicing (about 1 hour).
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- If you don’t have flaxseed meal, place whole flax seeds in a coffee or spice grinder and pulse them 10-15 times, or until coarsely ground.
- I used Duncan Hines Perfectly Moist Strawberry Supreme Cake Mix.
- I used almond milk, but oat or soy would also work– or you could use water!
- The key to these brownies is the glaze soaking into the warm brownies. Make sure to add the glaze right when they come out of the oven.
- To make clean cuts in the brownies, warm your knife under hot water and then wipe it with a towel between each cut. These are fudgey brownies so they will stick to your knife a bit!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan brownies, strawberry brownies, strawberry blondies