Baked Strawberry Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Strawberry Baked Donuts are FULLY vegan and so simple to make! The donuts take just 15 minutes to bake and the glaze is a simply mix that takes a minute to make and is SO delicious! Can’t wait for you to make these.
I did a poll on Instagram asking if I should make strawberry muffins or donuts. End despite the fact that thousands of more people voted for muffins, I decided on the donuts anyways LOL But don’t worry, these donuts can easily be made into muffins.
WIN- WIN, right? :D
I just can’t resist donuts but I plan on making the muffins as well, don’t worry.
This recipe is similar to my original Vegan Baked Donuts recipe but with a few alterations AND the addition of strawberries folded in. Well, also with delicious strawberry glaze that we’re adding on top. Seriously love an excuse to put powdered strawberries into anything.
The other great thing about these donuts is that they’re FULLY vegan and easy to make!
Here’s what is in them:
- Flour- I usually use all-purpose flour but you could use wheat or a gluten free 1-1 mix as desired.
- Maple syrup- for sweetness
- Milk- I’ve been really into oat milk lately but almond milk or really whatever you’d like will work well
- Nut butter- I typically use peanut butter but almond butter or something similar works well
- Vanilla extract
- Banana- this works as our binding agent and gives the donuts a faint banana taste.
- Fresh strawberries- you could leave these out but I really like the tiny bits of fresh strawberries baked into the donuts
To make the donuts:
Making the donuts is SUPER easy and happens ALL in one big bowl.
Start out by mashing the banana and then mixing in the rest of the wet ingredients. Next, sift the dry ingredients right on top and mix until combined. Finally, fold in the strawberries before piping the batter into your donut tray.
Bake for about 15 minutes and that’s it! Waiting for them to cool is by far the HARDEST part of making this recipe.
As usual, please let me know if you end up making this recipe and how you like it. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
These strawberry donuts are baked up in just 20 minutes total and the strawberry glaze is delicious!
- of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- of baking soda
- of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- of maple syrup
- of plant based milk
- of nut butter- peanut butter, almond etc
- of vanilla
- medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup of finely diced strawberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of powdered freeze dried strawberries (you can also take regular freeze dried strawberries and blend them in a blender so that they’re very finely ground)
- 1 tablespoons of warm water (the warm water helps dissolve the strawberry powder)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 6 cavity donut pan for cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and mix everything together to combine. Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the 6 donut cavities.
- Bake in oven for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, strawberry, and water until fully combined. Add a 1/2 teaspoon more of liquid as needed. Dip the cooled donuts into the glaze or drizzle it on top. Place in the fridge, as desired, to harden the glaze. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 282
- Sugar: 36.1 g
- Sodium: 546.4 mg
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.4 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan baked donuts, vegan donuts, baked donuts, strawberry donuts