Vegan Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’re going to fall in LOVE with this Easy Vegan Banana Bread that comes together with simple ingredients and all in ONE big bowl! I’e made this recipe dozens of times and it’s a huge hit with everyone that tries it- no one even knows that it’s fully vegan!
Given that Banana Bread is one of my FAVORITE things to bake, it’s amazing that I don’t have a simple recipe for it on my blog already. SO HAPPY to be fixing that today :)
I DO have THIS Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread recipe on my blog already. However, if you’re like Stephen, you’re not a fan of chocolate chips in your banana bread. I also made a few tweaks to that original recipe to make it EVEN BETTER!
NOW for the Easy Vegan Banana Bread! I modeled this recipe closely to THIS Vegan Carrot bread that I post earlier this year.
How to Make Vegan Banana Bread:
First let’s go over the simple ingredients in this bread-
- bananas (duh)
- maple syrup
- almond milk or other plant based milk
- nut butter
- baking soda + powder + salt
AND THAT’S IT! No processed sugars or unnecessary extras. Super simple but still SO SO GOOD!
Another reason that I love this bread: it comes together all in ONE BOWL.
Start by mashing the ripe bananas in a large bowl and then mixing in the remaining dry ingredients. Once combined, add in all of the dry ingredients until just mixed together. Pour the batter into your loaf pan and BAKE.
The bake time depends largely on the size of your bread pan. For this recipe, I used THIS 9 x 5 inch Chicago Metallic loaf pan. If all you have is an 8 x 4, that can work as well. It may just need a little extra bake time.
How to Store this Banana Bread:
- To Store: Store bread at room temperature in an airtight storage container lined with paper towels for up to 5 days.
- To Freeze: Freeze leftover bread in an airtight freezer-safe storage container for up to 3 months. Let thaw overnight at room temperature before serving. You can also freeze individual pieces of the bread so that you can thaw it in small quanities (love doing this as a sweet treat without having to thaw the whole loaf!).
That’s all I have for you today! If you end up making this recipe, PLEASE come back to leave a comment and let me know what you think! Or snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
More vegan bread recipes to try:
See how to make this Easy Vegan Banana Bread here:
This Vegan Banana Bread comes together in just ONE BOWL and is perfectly sweet and soft!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free 1–1 substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 6 tablespoons of nut butter- I typically use peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 medium extra ripe bananas, mashed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and generously grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and mashed banana. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cover the loaf with foil so the top doesn’t get too brown and bake for an additional 10-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.*
- Let cool slightly and ENJOY!!
*you can use a different sized loaf pan but it may affect the bake time. If using an 8×4 inch pan, you could need upwards of 10-15 more minutes of bake time.
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan bread, vegan baking recipe, vegan banana bread