Zucchini Pancake Recipe– this is my go to summer breakfast and I know that you’re going to LOVE these vegan pancakes! :D
I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for YEARS but summer after summer, I never remember to do so until zucchini season is about over. Look at me finally getting it in with plenty of zucchini still springing from the ground :D
The base of the pancake recipes is basically the same as my vegan pancakes recipe but with the addition of grated (and squeezed!) zucchini.
These pancakes are fluffy and sweet and come together in ONE big bowl which makes them ridiculously easy to make.
I like to use the larger grate when grating my zucchini but you can use the finer grate if you’d like the chunks to be a little more subtle. The KEY to these pancakes is to squeeze out AS MUCH of the moisture as you can. This is super important or else your pancakes may end up a little soggy in the middle from the excess water in the squash.
The other key to make these perfect zucchini pancakes is to cook them on a medium-low heat for a bit longer than you would for regular pancakes. This will ensure that the middle gets cooked through to a nice and fluffy consistency while keeping the outside evenly cooked as well.
How to make these zucchini pancakes:
Start by whisking together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Then you’ll mix together the wet ingredients and mix them into the same bowl with the dry ingredients. Right before you’re ready to cook the pancakes, the zucchini will get folded in.
The pancakes are then cooked in a skillet or on a griddle at a low heat. And then you have PERFECT zucchini bread pancakes!
More vegan pancakes you’ll love:
See how to make the Zucchini Bread Pancakes here:
These Zucchini Pancakes are vegan, easy to make, and SO DELICIOUS!!
- 1/2 cup of grated zucchini
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 medium banana, mashed
- Start by placing your zucchini in a large paper towel or hand towel and squeeze as MUCH of the moisture as you can. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond milk, coconut oil, and mashed banana.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Fold in the grated and squeezed zucchini.
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium heat. The trick with these pancakes is to cook them over a medium-low heat for a longer period of time. Mine took about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- For large-ish pancakes, pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto the griddle. Once the bottom and sides have firmed up (about 2-3 minutes) flip the pancake. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the other side until a nice golden brown. Flip again and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the original side.
- Once all done, top with blueberries and syrup and ENJOY!!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pancakes, zucchini bread pancakes, zucchini recipes