This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cherry Smoothie is made with a handful of simple and nutritious ingredients and makes for such a filling and delicious breakfast or snack! And if you’re looking for more healthy smoothie recipes, check out my post with all of my favorite smoothies recipes!
If you’re anything like me in the summer, you have an abundance of fresh berries in the fridge and looking for new ways to use them. More often than not, I end up freezing some of them to be used in smoothies. I like to buy a TON of berries during the summer when they’re ridiculously inexpensive and then freeze them for later.
AND that’s precisely how this Cherry Smoothie was born. Our neighbors went cherry picking and gave us a big bag of their cherry harvest. We ate most of them but before the leftovers could go bad, I pitted them and threw them in our (always full) freezer.
I still have some in there and plan on using ALL of them to make this smoothie on a weekly basis :)
Ingredients for this smoothie:
- Cherries– I used frozen cherries and recommend this for maximum creaminess. HOWEVER, if all you have is fresh, you can totally use those. You might end up wanting to add a little ice into the smooth to get it thicker.
- Yogurt– I’ve been really loving the Siggi’s Plant-based yogurt lately but really any kind will work well! I have a whole series on my Instagram where I review various vegan yogurts.
- Frozen cauliflower OR banana– I’ve always been a HUGE fan of banana in my smoothies. It adds so much sweetness and really helps to thicken the smoothie. However, if you’re watching your calories/ sugar intake then cauliflower is a great substitute. You don’t taste it in the smoothie AT ALL and it really helps to cut down on the added sugar. Please, bonus veggies! :)
- Liquid– I pretty much always use some kind of plant-based milk but really anything works well here. You can even just use water if you’d prefer.
- Nut Butter– this is technically optional but it just really adds an element of flavor to the smooth that I really love.
More smoothie healthy recipes to try:
- Roundup for my favorite HEALTHY Smoothies recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Homemade Acai Bowl
- Blueberry Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Tropical Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Mixed Berry Beet Smoothie
- Easy Mango Smoothie
- Blackberry Smoothie
- Caramel Apple Green Smoothie
- Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie
- Acai Smoothie
- Peach Smoothie Bowl
See how to make the Cherry Smoothie here:Print
This simple cherry smoothie is easy to make and so delicious!
- 2/3 cup of frozen cauliflower OR 1 medium banana, preferably frozen
- 1 cup of frozen cherries (can be fresh but you might want to add some ice to thicken the smoothie)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter or other nut butter (optional but recommended!)
- 1 cup of liquid (really anything works well here- I’ve been enjoying oat milk lately!)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt of choice*
- Add all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. If necessary, add a bit more liquid if you need to thin it out just a bit. If using fresh cherries, you might consider adding in a few ice cubes to thicken up the smoothie.
*check out my vegan yogurt review on instagram HERE
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: smoothie
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 27.5 g
- Sodium: 258.4 mg
- Fat: 19.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 38.4 g
- Protein: 20.7 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: smoothie, cherry smoothie, healthy smoothie