Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread
This Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread comes together in ONE BOWL and seriously tastes amazing! The perfect vegan breakfast or snack.
I teased this Vegan Banana Bread recipe on my Insta stories a FEW times and it’s finally here! This recipe is from Brett Cobley‘s new book What Vegan’s Eat and it’s SO GOOD! Brett and I have gotten to be insta friends and he’s quickly become one of my go to vegan accounts. The recipes in this book are SO GOOD. My favorite part: he has a lot of classic recipes that are simple and don’t have a ton of weird ingredients that you have to drive all over town to find (I really hate that!).
One of my favorite parts about this banana bread recipe is that it comes together in ONE BOWL! Minimal clean up is my preferred way of baking!
And while I personally LOVE chocolate chips in banana bread, I totally get that it’s not for everyone. Stephen prefers his without chocolate in it (womp womp). Of course, the chocolate in this recipe is completely optional and won’t change anything if you just leave it out completely. On the other hand, you could try replacing the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips which sounds AMAZING to me (I keep meaning to try that!).
The slices of banana on top are also optional. It makes the top of the bread a bit more moist but I personally love it. If you don’t think you’d like it, simple leave it off and proceed as usual.
How to make this Vegan Banana Bread Recipe:
As I’ve mentioned a couple of times, this recipe is ridiculously easy to make and everything gets mixed together in just one bowl (HUGE FAN!).
First mix together all of the wet ingredients before then sifting the dry ingredients right into the same bowl. Mix it all together, fold in the chocolate chips and then pour it into your prepared loaf pan. EASY.
Top with the banana slices and then bake for about 45 minutes.
I hope that you love this healthy banana bread recipe! Don’t forget to check out Brett’s cookbook What Vegan’s Eat!
Other Vegan Bread that you might like:
See how to make the Vegan Banana Bread here:Print
ONE BOWL Easy Vegan Banana Bread!
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 3 medium ripe bananas, plus an additional banana sliced in half long ways for topping if desired
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan ( I tried this in an 8×4 pan and it doesn’t quite work).
- In a large bowl, mash 3 of the bananas until they’re smooth and very few lumps remain. Add in the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and milk and stir until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, top with the extra banana, and bake for 40-45 minutes. It’s done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with only a few crumbs on it.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: banana, bread, vegan baking, healthy baking