This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Just in time for grilling season, these Grilled Artichokes are easy to make and your new favorite way to prepare artichokes! The grill adds such a delicious smokey flavor that you’re going to love.
This post was sponsored by Ocean Mist Farms but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible!
I’m partnering up once again with Ocean Mist Farms to bring you this delicious Grilled Artichokes recipe! I’ve fallen in love with artichokes over the past year but up until recently, I never even thought about grilling them. And let me tell you- it is officially my new favorite way to cook artichokes!
Artichokes can’t be cooked from start to finish on the grill so I have several options for you on how to do this. My favorite way is to cook them in my instant pot and then finish them off on the grill (seriously love that smokey flavor that the grill adds!) but you could also steam the artichokes in a pot.
When it comes to season my artichokes, I’m a BIG fan of keeping things simple and then pairing the artichoke with a really yummy sauce. But there’s really no limit to what spices you put on them.
For this particular recipe, I’m simply seasoning mine with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I’ll often throw on some herbs or something like Italian seasoning. But for today, we’re keeping things nice and simple!
But before we cook the artichokes, we first need to prep them. If you’re new to cooking with artichokes and need help on how to prep them, check out THIS post where I walk you through each step.
Ocean Mist also has a whole section on their website HERE that tells you EVERYTHING you could want to know about cooking with artichokes including lots of delicious looking recipes. I already can’t wait to try some more of them!
Once prepped, we’re simply going to cook the artichokes in the instant pot for 5 minutes on high pressure. You can also do this by simply steaming them in a pot until fork tender. Ocean Mist has a full walk through HERE about how to simply steam artichokes. They also have a video tutorial HERE showing you how to cook them in the instant pot.
Once done, the artichokes are then placed on a grill that’s been pre-heated to high heat. They only need about 5 minutes on the grill to get a nice smokey flavor and some pretty looking grill marks.
Off of the grill, them simply need to cool until you can handle them and then start eating! I love pairing mine with several different kinds of sauces (especially if you’re feeding a crowd).
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
Thanks again for supporting the brands that make Food with Feeling possible! You can CLICK HERE to learn more about Ocean Mist Farms, the products that they carry, and where you buy them in your area.
These grilled artichokes are easy to make and you’ll love the added smokey flavor!
- 2 Ocean Mist Farms Artichokes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup of water
GARLIC AIOLI SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- Prepare the artichokes by plucking off the bottom outer leaves of the artichoke down by the stem. I usually end up removing about 6-8 leaves.
- Laying it on it’s side, cut off the bottom of the stem and then trim off the top 1/3 of the artichoke (see video for reference).
- Working your way around, trim the tips off the all of the leaves. They’re pointed and a little prickly so we want to cut the top 1/4-1/2 inch off of each leaf.
- Cut the artichoke in half working from the stem up through the top of the artichoke.
- Remove the choke in the middle. To do this, use a large spoon and scrape out the fuzzy parts and everything in the middle that aren’t the leaves. Rub ALL around the cut edges with a lemon wedge to prevent browning.
- Drizzle the cut sides of the artichokes with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub everything in with your hands and place them, cut side down, into your air fryer.
- In the base of your instant pot (see directions HERE for how to steam the artichokes in a pot), place 1/2 cup of water as well as the lemon wedges. Place a steamer rack on top and then place the artichokes on top. It’s okay if they’re overlapping a little. Place the lid on and set the pressure cooker to seal. Cooking on high pressure for 5 minutes and when it’s done, quick release the steam.
- While the artichokes cook, pre-heat your grill to high heat (about 400 degrees). Once done, carefully remove the artichokes with the instant pot and place them, cut side down, onto the grill. Grill for 5-10 minutes or until the bottoms have nice grill marks on them but be careful not to burn them.
- Remove from the artichokes from the heat and let them cool until they can be handled.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all of the ingredients in a bowl and dip the artichoke leaves in and ENJOY!
**Nutritional info does not include the sauce!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 92
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 628 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: grilled artichokes, how to grill artichokes, easy artichokes