Sesame Ginger Tempeh Stir Fry
Sesame Ginger Tempeh Stir Fry Recipe- this easy vegan stir fry is simple to make and SO DELICIOUS! Even my meat loving husband enjoys this dish!
Have you ever tried tempeh!? I’m somewhat new to it and I’m maybe a little bit obsessed. I started to get really into after seeing Brittany from Eating Bird Food post SO many DELICIOUS looking tempeh recipes. I’ve found it to be something that’s always easy to prepare and makes for such a lovely last minute meal!
I do have to be careful how much tempeh I eat, however. I’ve learned that that fermented soy beans in my diet most certainly gets into the breast milk and = ONE GASY BABY ????
I’ve also been oddly VERY obsessed with green beans the past month. I feel like there must be some nutrient in green beans that I’m currently deficient in. Alternatively, green beans are just really tasty and I should stop questioning my taste buds :)
As per usual around here, this dinner is EASY and fast. The vegan stir fry sauce is blended together in a blender. The tempeh is cubed. And if you’re me, the green beans are pre-trimmed and the carrots are simple sticks from a bag. Because sometimes (pretty much all of the time), dinner needs to be EASY (or else it might turn into a bag of ramen).
Oh, and the rice! The rice is cooked in the Instant Pot because I have a serious love for basmati rice and basically eat it for every meal. Also- I jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon about a year ago and have never looked back. I will never cook rice or other grains on the stove top again!
OH and speaking of making dinner as quick and easy as possible: I’ve recently started using these little tubes of ginger and garlic (as well as some lemongrass and some others).
I’ve always been a bit of snob when it comes to spices and other flavoring. I keep tons of garlic and ginger in the house at all times and before recently would never put garlic in my food that wasn’t completely fresh. HOWEVER, I have a baby now which means that somehow my days got much shorter and I just don’t (always) have time to mince that garlic and ginger. Plus, this pre-ground/ chopped stuff is actually really good!
I’m just all about easy these days.
See how to make this tempeh stir fry here:Print
Sesame Ginger Tempeh Stir Fry- this vegan dinner is delicious and surprisingly easy to throw together!
- 8 ounces of tempeh, cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons of ginger paste (sub for grated ginger)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic paste (sub for 3 cloves of minced garlic)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 cups of carrots, thinly sliced (or baby carrots)
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients: ginger, garlic, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, cornstarch, and nut butter. The sauce can also be whisked together in a bowl but I find the blender much easier.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add in the tempeh and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping every few minutes so that all sides are browned. Toss in 2 tablespoons of the sauce and continue to cook until the tempeh is fully coated in the sauce and it has started to carmelize a bit. Remove to a clean plate and return skillet to the heat.
- Add in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and toss together the green beans and the carrots in the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes. Pour in the remaining sauce as well as the tempeh. Toss to coat everything and continue to cook until sauce thickens and everything is nicely coated in the sauce. Cook about 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve over rice or quinoa and ENJOY!! Also great on its own!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: asian
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan stir fry, easy vegan dinner