Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You know how much I love a good tofu stir fry so I wanted to make a cashew stir fry version of it and it’s SO GOOD! This is great for meal prep and I’m excited for you to try it!
When I asked what recipes y’all wanted to see more of, “easy vegan dinners” and “meal prep” recipes were overwhelmingly the answer that I received. Today, I’m giving you BOTH!
This recipe makes quite a bit and is perfect for 2 VERY hungry people. But in our house, we usually eat it with a hefty portion of rice so that we can then have leftovers for the next day. You could also make it at the beginning of the week and prep it for lunches if meal prep is your thing!
The other thing that I love about this recipe is that it all comes together in ONE SKILLET which is my ideal kind of dinner recipe. You’ll first cook the tofu until it’s lightly crispy and browned on all sides. Put that aside and cook the broccoli in the same skillet as the tofu.
For the stir fry sauce, I’m using a simple recipe that I also used in in my classic tofu stir fry.
This Cashew Tofu Stir is seriously so delicious and I can’t wait for you to try it! Please don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make it!
Other easy vegan dinner recipes to try:
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Vegan Enchiladas
- The Best Tofu Recipes Around
- Ramen Stir Fry
- Easy Vegan Meatballs
- Creamy One Pot Pasta
- Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potato
More Tofu recipes you’ll love:
- How to Cook Tofu (every which way!)
- Tofu Tacos
- Tofu Ricotta
- Copycat Chipotle Sofritas
- Easy Sauteed Tofu with Tahini Sauce
- Tofu Caprese Skewers
- Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
- Perfect Baked Tofu
- Tofu Kebabs
- How to Grill Tofu
- Sheet Pan Tofu & Veggies
- Tofu Scramble
See how to make the Cashew Tofu Stir Fry here:
This cashew tofu stir fry is simple to make and great for a delicious vegan dinner and even works for meal prep!
For the stir fry:
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into bite sized pieces**
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 cup of roasted and salted cashews
- Large head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces- about 4 cups
For the stir fry sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup of water/ broth
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- If you haven’t already done so, press your tofu to release excess moisture and cut it into bite sized pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and once hot, add in the tofu and toss in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stirring about every minute, saute the tofu for about 8 minutes or until it’s a light golden brown color on each side. It might stick every so slightly but should form a nice crust on the outside of the tofu without sticking too much. Set the tofu aside on a plate while you cook the veggies.
- In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat and saute onion for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and broccoli. Add in ¼ cup of broth (just water works well too) cover and steam mixture. Add more water as needed and continue to steam the veggies until they’re nearly done but have a few minutes left.
- Make your sauce by whisking together the oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, broth, sriracha, maple syrup, and cornstarch.
- Stir in cashews and stir fry sauce and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and ready to eat. Stir in tofu once sauce has thickened and cook for 1 more minute. Serve and ENJOY!
*I like to serve mine with white basmati rice (HERE is how I cook it in my instant pot) but this is also great with quinoa, brown rice, cauliflower rice, or even just on it’s own.
**It’s important that you use extra firm tofu and that you press out the excess moisture. If you don’t, the tofu will end up a little mushy and the excess moisture will likely cause it to stick to the pan
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan dinner, vegan stir fry, cashew stir fry