Meal Replacement Blueberry Green Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Meal Replacement Green Smoothie is one of my all time favorite smoothies to make. It’s super simple and filled with ingredients that I pretty much always have lying around the house! It’s great for last minute breakfasts or even as a meal replacement lunch smoothie!
If you’re looking for more delicious smoothie recipes, I have a TON of them that you can check out HERE. 2 of my all time favorites are this Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie as well as a good ole Acai Bowl Smoothie!
I’ve been on a roll lately updating old posts and this is the newest installment: Meal Replacement Blueberry Green Smoothies! This is one of the first smoothie recipes that I ever posted on my blog so, naturally, it was time for a refresh :)
I love that this smoothie is easy to make with simple ingredients while also being such a great meal replacement option. When I’m busy or simply feeling lazy, this is most certainly my go to smoothie recipe. I use whatever fruit I have on hand which is most commonly frozen bananas and blueberries but really any fruit would work well in this. So, use whatever you have in you freezer (frozen fruit definitely provides the best creamy texture IMO).
As you may have noticed in the video (it’s down below- above the recipe card!), I blend the greens together with the liquid before adding in the remaining ingredients. I find that doing this gets the greens COMPLETELY broken down. Alternatively, when I add all of the ingredients in at the same time, I find that I still end up with small chunks of greens in my smoothie. Either way works fine, honestly. However, I prefer when I can get everything nice and blended up! :)
A note on the liquid: you can use whatever liquid in this that you desire. Even just water works well and can help cut back on the calories if that’s something that you’re worried about. I pretty much always use unsweetened almond milk but have been super into oat milk lately!
Ingredients in this Meal Replacement Smoothie:
- Greens– you can use pretty much whatever type of greens that you like. I’m also a big fan of spinach but whatever you have on hand works well. Even a mix of several different things is great!
- Almond milk– as mentioned above, you can use pretty much any liquid here. Almond milk, oat milk, or even just water is perfectly fine.
- Frozen fruit– as written, this recipe calls for frozen banana and frozen blueberries. Really any fruit works here but I do highly recommend FROZEN fruit as it provides a much nicer and creamier texture. If you’re wanting to cut back on the sugar and calories a bit, you can sub or all of the fruit for frozen cauliflower.
- Oats– I love that this bulks up the smoothie a bit and provides some substance. I find that the addition of the oats makes it so that I stay fuller longer and it helps make this a great meal replacement smoothie.
- Nut butter– this provides a bit of protein and healthy fats to the smooth. I really like almond butter here but really any nut/ seed butter would work well.
AND that’s pretty much it for this smoothie. Super simple and versatile. It’s definitely one of my go to smoothies and I’m pretty sure that I could have one of these every single day and not get sick of it :D
Do you have a go to smoothie recipe that I should try!!? PLEASE please let me know in the comments! Always looking for new smoothie flavor combos to try!
More smoothie recipes to try:
See how to make this smoothie here:Print
Easy and delicious Meal Replacement Blueberry Green Smoothie
- large handful of greens (I used spinach here but I often do half spinach, half kale), about 1 packed cup
- 1 cup of almond milk (can also be substitutes with water)
- 1 cup of blueberries (preferably frozen)
- 1/2 banana (preferably frozen)
- 1/8 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- In a blender, combine the almond milk and greens and blend until completely liquified, about 60 seconds.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until completely smooth. You may need to add a bit more liquid halfway through the blending process.
- Serve and ENJOY!!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan smoothie, meal replacement smoothie, healthy smoothie