Easy Strawberry Milkshake
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It’s hot outside and NOTHING cools me down better than one of these fresh Strawberry Milkshakes! It comes together with just THREE simple ingredients with an option to make it a little healthier (only if you want!) too. Everyone is going to LOVE this milkshake.
And if you’re looking for more flavors, make sure to check out my Vegan Chocolate Milkshake too!
I went strawberry picking recently and after I used up as MANY of the fresh strawberries as possible making Strawberry compote, strawberry donuts AND strawberry lemonade vodka, I froze what was leftover. Since then, I’ve been making this milkshake on REPEAT and show no signs of stopping any time soon :)
My daughter calls this a smoothie and even though I usually make it with ice cream, I just let her keep saying that. It makes dessert feel a lot more healthy.
Ingredients we’re working with:
I wanted to keep this super simple and minimal. But, obviously still DELICIOUS! To achieve this, we need just THREE simple ingredients:
- Strawberries. These can be fresh or frozen (or freshly frozen) but frozen berries is going to result in a thicker and creamier milkshake. I pretty much always use frozen. Side note: you can also swap out the strawberries for other fruit/ berries as desired.
- Liquid. I usually use oat milk but regular milk OR even just water work well. More than anything, it’s there to get your blender going so the milkshake isn’t TOO thick.
- Ice cream. My preference is a simple vanilla ice cream (usually vegan) but you can use whatever you prefer. Strawberry or even chocolate ice cream will work too! If you want to make a strawberry milkshake without ice cream, I suggest replacing the ice cream with 2 medium FROZEN bananas. It turns into kind of a nice cream situation and while it’s rather banana-y, it’s totally delicious! But repeat: it does have a substantial banana flavor.
How to make a Strawberry Milkshake:
One of the things that I love about this recipe is that it’s SO incredibly simple to make. Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth! That’s legit it!
I usually start with just half a cup of liquid and then add more as needed if it’s a little too thick and the blender needs help running. Your blender might take a little more or less depending.
And if you want to make a strawberry banana milkshake, simply swap the ice cream for 2 frozen bananas. I love both versions!
As usual, please let me know if you end up making this milkshake and how you like it. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
This strawberry milkshake recipe requires just THREE ingredients and comes together in NO time!
- 1 ½ cups of frozen strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream or 2 large frozen bananas*
- ½ cup milk of choice (plus a few splashes more as desired/ needed for your blender to get going)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth! Add a splash more liquid as needed to get your blender going or if you want a less thick milkshake.
- Serve with some whipped cream and enjoy!
*I usually use a vegan ice cream for this but really anything works well including frozen bananas for a healthier option!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: drink
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan milkshake, strawberry milkshake, strawberry banana milkshake