This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Deliciously rich and creamy Vegan Milkshake that’s made with just bananas, any plant-based milk and your favorite add-ins!. A kid (and adult) friendly dessert recipe that’s perfectly sweet and takes less than 5 minutes to make. This incredible vegan shake is the perfect quick + easy treat!
As summer approaches, I crave cold drinks and ice cream even more! So, I started experimenting with making milkshakes – kind of like a smoothie for dessert.
Not only did this milkshake made with bananas turn out absolutely delicious, it took less than 5 minutes to whip one up in the blender. Talk about an easy dessert! Simply dump all the ingredients in, put on the lid, and let the blender do all the hard work. No mixing bowls to clean, no need to turn the oven on… just a frosty, delicious, and completely crave-able treat to enjoy!
I happen to love mine with bananas BUT you could certainly swap out the bananas for vegan ice cream if you wish :)
Vegan Milkshake Ingredients:
You’ll need bananas and milk for the base ingredients in this milkshake. Then, have fun customizing your shake with whatever flavor you’re craving. I’m giving suggestions for a vanilla, chocolate, mint chocolate chip or turtle milkshake.
- Bananas. We’re using 2 chopped frozen bananas to make this milkshake thick and creamy. Not a fan of bananas? Use 1 cup vegan ice cream instead.
- Milk. I typically use oat or soy milk in my shakes and smoothies, but feel free to use any plant-based milk you like.
- Vanilla. For a delicious vanilla-flavored milkshake, add in vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste.
- Chocolate. In the mood for chocolate? Add cocoa powder or use a chocolate-flavored milk.
- Mint chocolate chip. So refreshing! Add mint extract and mint chocolate chips for an amazing mint chocolate chip milkshake.
- Turtle. The combination of caramel sauce, chocolate chips and toasted pecans will give you the most wonderful turtle milkshake.
Which flavor will you try first?
How to Make a Vegan Milkshake:
Shakes are extremely quick and easy to make, and this one is no exception. It’s important to use frozen banana (or ice cream) to get that perfectly thick, creamy texture. Combine all of the ingredients you’re using in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with any favorite toppings and enjoy!
Tips For the Best Vegan Milkshake:
- Before you make the milkshake, have all of your toppings out and ready-to-go. Once blended, milkshakes start to melt quickly.
- For a thicker milkshake, start with less milk, and for a thinner milkshake, add extra milk.
- Try serving your milkshake in a glass that has been chilled in the freezer. This will help to keep the milkshake super cold!
- This vegan milkshake recipe makes one serving, but can easily be adjusted to make two, or more servings, whatever you desire.
This milkshake is actually really delicious without any toppings at all! However, if you want to go all out, here are some fun milkshake topping ideas:
- Vegan whipped cream (there are some great coconut whipped creams on the market right now!).
- Cookies, cookie crumbs, brownie crumbles
- Sauces – chocolate, caramel, strawberry, peanut butter
- Nuts – peanuts, slivered almonds, or crushed pecans
- Fruit – maraschino cherries, sliced strawberries, blueberries, banana slices
- Candies – sprinkles, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, Reeses’s Pieces
Vegan Milkshake FAQs:
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me on instagram (@foodwithfeeling).
Deliciously rich and creamy Vegan Milkshake that’s made with bananas, any plant-based milk and your favorite add-ins to create either a vanilla, chocolate, mint chocolate chip or turtle milkshake. A kid (and adult) friendly dessert recipe that’s perfectly sweet and takes less than 5 minutes to make. This incredible vegan shake is the perfect quick + easy treat!
- 2 bananas, chopped and frozen (can sub for 1 heaping cup of vegan ice cream)
- ½ cup plant based milk
- Add ins, to taste (see below)
- Vanilla: add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
- Chocolate: add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or use a chocolate flavored milk.
- Oreo: 1/4 cup of crumbled oreos.
- Mint Chocolate Chip: add 1-2 drop of mint extract and 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips (and green food coloring, if desired).
- Turtle: Add 2 tablespoons of vegan caramel sauce, 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, and 1 tablespoon of toasted pecans.
- Combine the bananas and milk in a high speed blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary– about 2 minutes.
- Add any desired flavorings and blend to combine. Serve immediately.
To make the chocolate shell, melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Dip the edge of your cup in the melted chocolate and then place it in the fridge to harden (about 5 minutes).
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, milk shake, chocolate milk shake