Frozen Strawberry Margarita
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Strawberry Frozen Margarita comes together quickly, all in one blender, and is perfect for serving a crowd! So simple and delicious!
With summer coming up, I figured it was time that we all start thinking about our summer cocktail lineup. FIRST UP: this simple, delicious, fruity, amazing, delicious Frozen Margarita 😍🍓
Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE love love a good classic margarita but there’s just something about a fruity frozen one that hits a little different, right?
PLUS, there’s just something about being able to throw a bunch of ingredients in a blender and ending up with a parties worth of cocktails that I love so much. Alternatively, you can make a pitcher of this ALL for yourself to sip slowly on a hot summers day. Choose your own adventure.
Either way you serve it, this margarita is DELICIOUS! And everyone is going to absolutely LOVE IT!
This cocktail is quite sweet from the juice + the agave. In the recipe written below, I suggest that you can actually leave out the agave if you don’t want it to be so sweet.
If you’re at all unsure, you can easily leave the agave out, blend up the margarita, and then give it a little taste test. If you think it could do with a bit more sweetness then it’s easy to mix/ blend in a little of the sweetener after the fact.
I often get asked what my favorite blender is. I have several and my all-time favorite is BY FAR my Vitamix.
My favorite… Blender
I’ve used this blender for 7 years now and I love it so much. It gets daily use in my house and is as good as new!
Simple ingredients in this frozen margarita:
- Orange liqueur (such as Cointreau of Triple Sec)
- Agave or maple syrup for added sweetness
- Lime juice
- Orange juice
- Frozen Strawberries- it’s important for them to be frozen in order to get that thick and creamy texture!
That’s all for today! As usual, if you end up making this cocktail, please come back to leave a comment and let me know what you think. OR snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling!
This Strawberry Margarita is so simple to make and perfect for holidays and get togethers to serve a crowd!
- 1 cup of tequila
- ½ cup lof ime juice
- 1/2 cup of orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup, or other sweetener*
- 5 cups of frozen strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups of ice
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- coarse kosher salt, for rimming glass
- lime wedges, for rimming glass and garnishing
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, agave, strawberries, ice, and orange juice in a blender. Blend on high until full combined and no chunks remain.
- Rim a margarita glass with a lime wedge and then dip in coarse salt. Pour in the frozen margarita and ENJOY!
*this makes a rather sweet drink which I like in this case. If you’re unsure, I suggest leaving the agave out and testing it to see what you think. Then you can easily mix/ blend in a little of the sweetener if you want it sweeter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 22.6 g
- Sodium: 43.5 mg
- Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: frozen margarita, strawberry margarita, blender margarita