Boozy Frozen Lemonade
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
PERFECT for summer sipping, this BOOZY Frozen Lemonade is the ultimate hot weather cocktail! It’s super easy to throw together and great for entertaining and serving a few people. Super refreshing and SO delicious.
After our 2020 cocktail week, I’ve been dying to post this recipe! I had hoped to include it in cocktail week but just didn’t have the time to get it all done. BUT better late than never, right!?
I knew that this would be good but OMG is it so good! Honestly, even if you don’t add the alcohol and just make it a virgin frozen lemonade, it’s still delicious. But, naturally, I also love it with a nice amount of vodka in it as well.
SO, let’s go the vodka route today :)
Speaking of the vodka though, you can honestly use any liquor in this that you desire. Something about vodka in lemonade just feels right to me but honestly, I’m not sure that there’s a wrong liquor to add to lemonade :) I haven’t tried it but I keep thinking that either gin or tequila would also taste great in this drink!
YUM! Now I need to try that :)
To make the lemonade, I used a white sugar simply syrup that I made following THIS RECIPE. However, in that same post, I have directions for how to make simple syrup with maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar etc. So there are lots of options if you want a healthier version of this drink.
I also have lots of options in the simple syrup post for ways to flavor your syrup and I keep thinking that this frozen lemonade would be SO good with the lavender simple syrup! YUM!
That’s it for today! As usual, if you end up making this cocktail, PLEASE please please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love seeing what y’all are making and how you like it.
More delicious cocktails to try:
- Classic Mojito
- Ginger Beer Mojito
- Gin and Tonic
- Bellini 3 ways
- Whiskey Smash
- Mango Wine Slushie
- Classic Aperol Spritz
- White Russian
- Vodka Lemonade
- Grapefruit Margaritas
See how to make the vodka lemonade here:
This boozy frozen lemonade is easy to make and the PERFECT Summer cocktail!
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar (see THIS post on how to make simple syrup for other sweetener options!)
- 1 cup of lemon juice (about 5 medium lemons)
- Zest from 1 large lemon (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- ⅔ cup of vodka
- 6 cups of ice
- Make your simple syrup by combining 1 cup of water + sugar in a saucepan. Simmer over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add all of the ingredients, including the cooled simple syrup, into a high speed spender and blend until smooth. Mix in extra water as needed to get the blender going!
- Serve and ENJOY! If you have any leftover, you can put it in the fridge. The ice will melt but you’ll still have a super delicious boozy (unfrozen) lemonade.
- Category: cocktail
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: summer cocktail, boozy lemonade, vodka lemonade