This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
If you like a simple citrus-y cocktail then you’ll LOVE this Classic Sidecar drink and how simple it is to make at home!
It’s NO secret that I love LOVE a good lemony. With summer coming, I’ll be whipping out all of the citrus-y cocktails in my back pocket and this Sidecar Cocktail will most certainly be front row center.
This Whiskey Smash was my GO TO lemon cocktail last summer and while it’s still at the top of the list along with this sidecar, here are some of my other favorite lemony cocktails:
- Lavender Vodka Lemonade
- Boozy Frozen Lemonade
- Cherry Bomb Cocktail
- Classic Tom Collins
- Gin and Tonic– which YES is most commonly made with lime BUT is also very delicious with lemon instead
Like pretty much all of my cocktails, this one is simple simple to make and comes together with just a few simple ingredients. I really love it for that because cocktails for me are most often about ease :)
Let’s quickly go over the ingredients!
You only need THREE simple ingredients for this cocktail:
- Cognac- this is classic to the cocktail but you could also make it using brandy or bourbon if you prefer.
- Orange liqueur- I tried this with Cointreau as well as Grand Marnier BUT really any orange liqueur will work well.
- Lemon juice- freshly squeezed when possible but use what you’ve got (or have the time/ patience for).
To make the cocktail, you simply combine all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Mix everything together so that the liquid is combined and nicely chilled from the ice.
Strain the cocktail into a soup glass and garnish with a lemon twist. SO SIMPLE but seriously so good!
That’s all I have for today! As usual, if you end up making this cocktail, please snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
More simple cocktails to try:Print
You’ll love this classic Sidecar Cocktail and how easy it is to make at home!
- 2 ounces cognac (brandy or bourbon also work well)
- 1 ounce cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
- 1 ounce of lemon juice (can also be substituted for other fruit juice but lemon is classic)
- Lemon twist to garnish
- In a mixer or cocktail shaker, combine the ice, cognac, cointreau, and lemon juice. Shaker/ stir to combine and until the drink is nice and cold.
- Strain into a prepared glass, garnish with a twist of lemon and ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: shaking
- Cuisine: american
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 13.3 g
- Sodium: 2.4 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: classic cocktail, sidecar drink, sidecar cocktail