Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Hopefully by now you know how much I LOVE a good stuffed sweet potato recipe :D These Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes make for a delicious and FILLING breakfast AND are so so easy because they can be prepped ahead of time during meal prep. You only need a few simply ingredients to make this filling meal!
This is another one of my old recipes that is getting a bit of a facelift!
My original video for these breakfast sweet potatoes was the first viral video that I ever had on social media. And while it’s been good to me, I figured it was time for an update! You can see the shinny new version of the video down below (above the recipe card).
Since originally posting this, I’ve made it SO MANY times that I could never even begin to count. These Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes are:
- Ridiculously easy to throw together! Cook a big batch of sweet potatoes for meal prep and then you have super easy breakfast throughout the week
- Filling. The combination of the potato + the fruit and peanut butter make this meal SO FILLING. It always holds me over until lunch and leaves me so satisfied.
- Customizable. Basically, bake a sweet potato and then add whatever sweet toppings you have on hand. I’ve made this with various fruits, granola, all kind of nut and seed butter, chia seeds, hemp hearts, etc etc. There are so many options for topping your breakfast sweet potato.
- Delicious! This one really goes without saying and yet here I am saying it :D
Couple ways to cook your sweet potato:
- Instant Pot- HERE is my guide for cooking them in the instant pot. I love how quick and easy this is! Great for meal prepping.
- Oven- I bake mine in the oven at 400 degrees F for 40-60 minutes depending on the thickness of the potato. Check it around 40 minutes by piercing it with a fork to check for tenderness.
My suggestion is that you bake an extra sweet potato next time you’re eating them for dinner and then throw it in the fridge. The next morning or 2, you’ve got a SUPER easy breakfast that just needs to be heated up with a few toppings thrown on. Alternatively, throw the sweet potato in the oven first thing when you wake up and then you’ll have breakfast ready in under an hour.
Oh and for sweetness: I tend to buy organic sweet potatoes which I have discovered are ALWAYS sweeter and thus don’t need any added sweetener. However, if you want it all a bit sweeter, I highly suggest drizzling it with a touch of maple syrup or agave. SO GOOD!
ps- you know what else this recipe is good for?? A super filling but still good for you DESSERT!! YES PLEASE!!
More delicious Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Coconut Curry
- Sweet Potato Chili
- Guacamole Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Smashed Sweet Potatoes
See How to Make the Loaded Sweet Potatoes:Print
Sweet potatoes make for an amazingly delicious and filling breakfast!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- optional toppings: fruit such as berries and banana slices, chia seeds, nut butter, cookie butter, hemp seeds, maple syrup, agave, granola etc. Have fun with it! My favorite toppings= granola, peanut butter, banana, and chia seeds.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake the sweet potatoes directly on the rack for 40-50 minutes. They’re done once a fork can easily be pierced into the center of the potato and the inside is tender.
- Cut a slit down the center of the sweet potato about 2/3 of the way down. Slightly mush the inside of the potato.
- Top with your favorite breakfast toppings!
- Works great if you bake the sweet potatoes the night before and then the whole meal only takes 5 minutes to prepare in the morning :)
- To store the sweet potatoes, simply put them in an air tight container and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy them!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan breakfast, sweet potato recipe, healthy breakfast recipe