This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Ricotta Toast recently went viral on Tiktok and for VERY good reason! It’s packed with summer flavors and easy to throw together. Great as a snack, for breakfast, or for any meal really.
Have you tried this ricotta toast yet? It went viral on tiktok a few weeks ago and is being praised as the “new avocado toast”. I’m honestly not sure that I would go *that* far but I do REALLY love it!
I’ve seen this toast served several different ways with sweet and savory options. However, I’m a huge fan of this blistered tomato version of it. But if you want to try it sweet, I recommend trying this Berry Ricotta toast from Feel Good Foodie or this Blueberry Walnut Ricotta toast!
One of the things that I like most about this Ricotta Toast is that it’s SUPER simple to throw together. It’s been my go to lazy breakfast lately (that feels elevated and kind of fancy for how easy it is). You need to jump on this bandwagon ASAP because it’s just so so good.
It somehow tastes like summer on a piece of toast with the blistered tomatoes and basil adding so much delicious flavor.
The blistered tomatoes are technically optional but highly (HIGHLY) recommended. I’m honestly not even that much of a tomato person but I still love the tomatoes on this recipe. I typically just cook as many of the cherry tomatoes as I know will fit on my piece of toast and that’s it (as opposed to cooking the whole pint of tomatoes).
Really excited for y’all to try this one! Let me know what you think!
This Ricotta Toast is packed with summer flavors and a simple and delicious breakfast!
- ¼ serving of blistered tomatoes
- 1 large slice of bread (I love sourdough with this!)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese*
- Sprinkle of fresh basil
- Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
- If you haven’t already done so, blister your cherry tomatoes.
- Brush the olive oil on one side of the bread and toast until it reaches your desired level of crispiness.
- Spread the ricotta onto the olive oil side of the toast. Sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Top with the blistered tomatoes, basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. ENJOY!
*the amount of ricotta kind of depends on the side of your bread slices. If you have larger slices then 1/4 cup is perfect. If you have smaller pieces of toast then you may only want 2 tablespoons.
HERE is my vegan ricotta recipe for those that are dairy free
- Category: toast
- Method: toaster
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: ricotta toast, tomato toast, toast recipe