Apple Cider Cocktail
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Looking for the perfect holiday cocktail!? I’ve got you covered with this simple and delicious Apple Cider Cocktail that’s easily adaptable and perfect for any occasion.
You didn’t think that I was going to wrap up Thanksgiving Week without sharing a cocktail did you!? Surely you know me better than that.
I have a long list of holiday themed cocktails that I can’t wait to share with you and I plan to roll many of them out over the next couple months. BUT, this simple Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail is the one that I was most excited about. Ever since become completely obsessed with whiskey smashs this past summer, I’ve been finding all kinds of ways to serve them.
This apple cider cocktail is a holiday take on the classic whiskey smash. I’m completely obsessed with how it turned out and did a full walkthrough of how to make it in my Insta stories! Watch me make the cocktail HERE.
Any legitimate excuse that I can find to make this cocktail, I will very happily take :D
Here is what is in this Apple Cider Cocktail:
- Bourbon– I have been on a huge bourbon kick this year and it’s quickly become my go to drink. I’ve tried this cocktail with several different brands of bourbon and they all turned out amazing. You could, however, use any bourbon or whiskey that you have on hand. And while I haven’t tried it, I think that this would also be nice with gin or vodka.
- Apple Cider– I used a simple store-made honey-crisp cider. But really whatever you can find will work well.
- Lemon juice– I tried this without the lemon juice and prefer it much more with it.
- Maple syrup– I tested the cocktail without any added sweetness and while still good, I definitely prefer it with the syrup. If you’re worries about it being too sweet, you can easily leave the maple syrup out and add it in after tasting.
- Bitters– optional but highly recommended.
You could make this cocktail directly in the glass that you’re planning to serve it in BUT I really like to mix it in a cocktail shaker/ pitcher with ice and then strain it out into a glass. This makes it so that the cocktail is nice and chilled but it’s not getting watered down by the ice sitting in the glass.
And because I love to make my cocktails look pretty, I garnished mine with a little fresh rosemary and a few slices of apple.
ALRIGHT that’s it for today! As always, if you end up making this cocktail, please snap a quick photo and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always LOVE to see what you’re making from the blog.
More cocktail recipes to try:
This apple cider cocktail is simple to make and perfect for holiday sipping!
- 2 ounces of bourbon (or whiskey of choice)*
- 3 ounces of apple cider
- 1/2–1 ounce of maple syrup (or rosemary/ cinnamon simple syrup!)
- 1 ounce of lemon juice
- Optional dash of bitters
- Garnish with fresh herbs and apple/ orange slices
- Fill a cocktail shaker or glass with ice. Add in the bourbon, apple cider, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Stir (or shake) to chill and combine.
- Pour the cocktail into a cocktail glass and stir in a dash of bitters.
- Garnish and enjoy!
* while I haven’t tried it, I think that this would taste amazing with gin or other alcohol of choice.
*For the maple syrup- start with just 1/2 ounce of it and then add a but more if you want it sweeter.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: cocktail
- Method: stirring
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: holiday cocktail, thanksgiving cocktail, apple cider cocktail