Asian Lettuce Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You’re going to LOVE this one pot vegan dinner that’s so easy to make and the perfect healthy meal! This Vegan Lettuce Wraps recipe is a P. F. Chang copycat and I think it might even be better than the original.
Today is the release day of my dear friend Erin’s FIRST COOKBOOK “The Well Plated Cookbook“. I’ve worked with her for years doing videography for her blog and all of her recipes are SO SO GOOD! Now I can’t wait to try so many things from her new cookbook!
She’s worked so hard on this cookbook and I can’t wait for you to try this recipe out.
Admittedly, I think I’ve only been to P. F. Chang’s one time and I couldn’t tell you what I ordered. However, I’ve heard amazing things about their tofu lettuce wraps! According to Erin and her new cookbook, this recipe is even better than the original.
One of my favorite parts of the recipe is that it comes together in just ONE skillet and takes only about 20 minutes.
Ingredients in these super simple tofu lettuce wraps:
- Extra firm tofu– I do not recommend making this with anything else besides firm or extra firm tofu
- Super yummy sauce– the sauce is just 4 ingredients including hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Mushrooms– we’re using cremini/ baby bella mushrooms in this dish which are my favorite!
- Water chestnuts– you can buy these canned in the asian section.
- Garlic & ginger
- Green onion
The tofu mixture makes for great leftovers! Heat it up and eat it on lettuce wraps for a super quick and healthy lunch. SO GOOD!
More tofu recipes you’ll love:
- The BEST Tofu recipes around!
- Tofu Coconut Curry
- Tofu Satay
- Sesame Tofu Bowls
- Pan Fried Tofu
- Easy Tofu Tacos
- Crispy Baked Tofu
- Cashew Tofu Stir Fry
- Tofu Kebabs
- Grilled Tofu
- Sheet Pan Baked Tofu & Veggies
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Breakfast Tofu Scramble
See how to make the Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps here:
These vegan lettuce wraps come together in one skillet and make for a simple and delicious meal!
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 block of extra firm tofu (12–15 ounces), lightly pressed
- 2 teaspoons of canola or olive oil
- 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 8 ounce can of water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 green onions (2/3 cup), thinly sliced and divided
- 8 large Bibb lettuce leaves (or other lettuce such as romaine) for serving
- shredded carrots for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil. Combine and set aside.
- If you haven’t done so, lightly press the tofu (see my guide on pressing tofu HERE). Dry it off with a towel or paper towels.
- Heat the canola/ olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, crumble the block of tofu into small pieces directly into the skillet. Using a spatula, continue to break up the tofu as it sautees and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for 3 additional minutes. The liquid from the mushrooms should mostly cook off and the tofu will start to turn a lightly golden brown. Stir in the water chestnuts, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and half of the green onion. Cook for 1 additional minute.
- Pour the hoisin sauce mixture into the skillet and stir to combine so that everything is covered in the sauce. Cook for 1-2 additional minutes so that the sauce can heat through.
- Serve the tofu mixture into your lettuce leaves and topped with the shredded carrot. ENJOY!
- Category: dinner
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegetarian lettuce wraps, vegan lettuce wraps, tofu lettuce wraps