Vegan Key Lime Pie
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Vegan Key Lime Pie recipe comes together with a handful of simple ingredients and tastes even better than the original! Everyone will love it!
As I often do with baked goods, I teased this recipe on my Instagram stories a couple of weeks ago and had SO MANY people asking for the recipe. There’s something really fun about keeping a recipe secret until I’m ready to fully release it into the world HOWEVER, I typically can’t contain my excitement when it comes to sharing sweets :D
I’m happy to finally be sharing the recipe because it’s GOOD (yea, okay…I do say that about pretty much every recipe but this one 💯).
I almost called this a “no bake” pie but that’s not technically true. If you want to serve it with a homemade graham cracker crust then the crust require 8 minutes of baking.
HOWEVER, if you go the easy route (which I often do) and buy a pre-made graham cracker crust, then this is FULLY a NO-BAKE pie :D I love it for that!
On the other hand, I do really love my THICK homemade graham cracker crust recipe so…I could go either way.
Ingredients we’re working with:
The filling of the pie is super simple. Here’s what is in it:
- Silken tofu– I adapted this recipe from another the originally called for soaked cashews. However, I’ve had silken tofu in pies several times and I love the ease and taste of it!
- Avocado– this gives the pie a slightly greener color which I love and adds some healthy fats in there.
- Lime juice & zest
- Coconut Oil– this really helps to firm up the pie.
- Maple syrup– for a nice touch of sweetness!
Here’s how to make this Vegan Key Lime Pie Recipe:
Start out by making (or just buying) your graham cracker crust. This is super simple! Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or large bowl and pulse until fully combined. Then press that mixture into a greased pie dish and bake for about 8 minutes. Once done, let it cool while you make the filling.
The filling is also SUPER easy. Add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain at all. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and chill it for at least 2 hours to really firm it up. You can leave it in the freezer for a good while.
I like to take it out of the freezer a couple of hours before serving it but you can also serve it straight from the freezer (it kind of ends up being more of an ice cream key lime pie in this case).
If you end up making this pie, PLEASE snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what you’re making and how you like my recipes.
More Vegan Desserts you’ll love:
- Raspberry Crumble Bars
- PB&J Thumbprint Cookies
- Vegan Skillet Cookies
- Peach Cobbler
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Pie Crust
- Vegan Brownies
- Vegan Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Baked Donuts
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Vegan Chocolate Cake
See how to make the vegan pie here:
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, finely ground (this is about 9 full sheets of graham crackers)
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons of vegan butter, melted
For the filling:
- 1 cup of silken tofu (about 7 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup of lime juice (about 3–4 limes juiced)
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1 ripe avocado
To make the crust:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 inch pie pan.
- If you haven’t already done so, make the crumbs by adding the graham crackers to a food processor and pulsing until you have fine crumbs. Add the remaining crust ingredients and pulse until fully combined. This can also be done in a large bowl if you have already made the crumbs.
- Pour the mixture into the pie pan and press it evenly into the bottom and sides. This makes a rather thick crust.
- Bake for 8 minutes and then let cool until ready to use.
For the pie:
- In a food processor or blender, combine the tofu, coconut oil, lime juice and zest, maple syrup, and avocado. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your pie crust and spread into an even layer. Gently tap the pie on a flat surface to release any air.
- Chill in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until nicely firm. Move the pie to the refrigerator and ENJOY! I like to let mine sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving but that’s not totally necessary.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: vegan pie, key lime pie, healthy pei